You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

50 amp circuit

So I had a postponed job on Monday and Tuesday. Being thrown a monkey wrench into my schedule I had to quickly find a place for my guys. So I had them come to my place to install a 50 amp circuit for the Newell. I used my little bobcat with trencher to dig the exterior portion to make it a little easier for the guys. I have a sub panel in the garage which is 130' away from the final point. They had to cut up some drywall in a sitting room behind the master bedroom and Marie's closet. Overall not too bad. My drywall guy is coming tomorrow and if he had been busy, I would have patched it up myself. I have smooth textured walls which make any repairs easy. Matching the paint, well that's another story!  It turned out great overall. I also put a Cat5 line and a water spigot there too. I dropped the coach off at a suspension shop to give it a lookover as it has a thumping sound when going over small bumps.

My bird Coco sat with me during the final connections! (We raise Classic Old Frills Satinette Pigeons)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Love the pics. Looks Arizonish.

I think I used 6/0 THHN for my feed from the main panel, and put it in 1 1/2 PVC conduit.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I used the same wire but in 1" conduit as the exterior portion was only 75' or so. The cat5 is in a 1/2" PVC. I did not bother with a coax cable. Does anyone use those anymore?! I am debating on having a 500 gallon septic tank put near the area since the main septic for the house is on the other side of the property. Perhaps go with something larger at the back for a future shop? I was quoted $6k for the 500 gallon with permits. I have no idea what they go for these days.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Hmmm, you might want to evaluate a macerator setup and pump into the clean out drain for the existing septic. You will come out a lot cheaper than 6K for something that will get occasional use.

As handy as you are, google macerators made from kitchen disposals.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

6k is a very fair price. i was quoted around 8-9k for a 1000 gallon tank and enough leach lines for a 1300 sq ft guest house.

however, i think i may be with richard on this one. in reality, you will not be dumping all that much. we always dump the last morning we are staying somewhere and then dont have to when we get home.

i have a 200 dollar macerator setup that i have used with probably 100 foot or more of garden hose and it worked great when we were staying at my brother in laws place a few years ago.

how far is the cleanout for your septic?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The cleanout is about 240' away but mainly due to the fact it has to be run around the back of the property since a pool and ramada are in the way. The other issue is that length of run will not give me the proper pitch to get it into the existing septic. There is nothing close by to tap into as it is all under concrete walkways and limestone pavers. Sucks. I am debating on going to a 1000 gallon for a future shop too and put it at the back of the property. Of course, I have other things that I could spend money on.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I was told that Maricopa county would not do a tank less than a 1000 gallons

Tom

My shop has a 1250

Tom, that may be so if it is a primary septic. I only called Arizona Septic Tank for the quote with the request of a 500 gallon system. Having said that, I do not know how many "systems" Maricopa county would allow on a single property which is why I was thinking it might be better to go large even if I never build a shop. Gives the next owner the opportunity.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

i put a second septic on my property to service my shop. no issue with county on doing a second one. same county as you. they told me the minimum was a 1000 gallon tank. the septic company was out of 1000 so gave me a 1250. i have one 50 ft leach line for it.

i bid out building a guest house for my daughter earlier this year. she lives near me. it was going to be a 1000 gal tank as well

tom

Tom, you have the Flow Jet macerator? I was looking at one on Amazon. Doesn't say if it has 2 or 4 blade cutter. I decided to do a little bobcat trenching across the center section of the yard to "T" off an existing BBQ island 2" sewer line. For now it would make the most economical sense. Since my coach would basically spend more time at home, Can I leave the macerator on there full time? I may have to conjure up a bracket to support the mass when underway.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312