You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Video on Allison Trans Fluid Check & Diagnostics

Hello fellow Newell friends with Allisons.

Upon request, I created this short video to walk through the Cold Check, Shift Panel Fluid Level Check, and Diagnostics on the Allison transmissions.

https://youtu.be/rDT3eDZXruE

I hope it's useful for you.  Please let me know if you have other topics you'd like covered.

Safe Travels!

Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Nice video, wow did you spend some time detailing the engine bay!

If you ever edit, you may want to think about, doing a close up shot of the dipstick and pointing out that is has two sets of marks. One set is for cold, and one is for hot.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Enjoyed your video! I have the 4000 series Allison on my Foretravel so your video will come in handy the next time I have the transmission warmed up.

You have a great looking coach too!

Thanks again,
Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Great video. I do love that light you had put in at PDI.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Thanks, you guys, for the encouragement. Sometimes, I think these training videos are something that people don't need or appreciate. So, it really helps me to know that people DO find them useful.

@"Richard" , boy I agree on the "close-up"!!!!! Being a professional photographer, it makes me SOOO mad when I use the GoPro and end up losing all the detail in a video! My intention WAS so good, to get the close-up and detail of those hash-marks. And, of course, the WORST thing is...YouTube can't let me just "update" the video; should I ever choose to drop a STILL photo into the video and re-upload it. Ya lose all the tracking of that video.

I'm hopeful, that folks will..read between the lines...pun intended!

Thanks again ya'll!!

Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks for a great video, with all the posts I feel like they're watched by many in the background that may not respond
all the time. I look at everything that's posted daily and it's really helps with questions that come up. So please keep on
posting and hopefully I'll have enough knowledge to help someone out one day!

I do know to keep your refrigerator nice and cold for the beer, I'm sure you all understand that! Take Care!!!

Dale & Shari Nelson
2001 Newell 45' #599 Triple Slide

Wonderful encouragement, Dale…thank you! Oh, how’d I know it was you, and Shari? Easy…you know your priorities of keeping a cold fridge! ;-)

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA