You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Freedom Inverter/charger replacement

How often do you boondock? And for how long at a time?

My point is that you have specified a nice system, but if you don’t need all that then it’s overkill. And you will NOT recoup the investment if you decide to sell.

You could take a much easier path. Magnum MS2812 and ME-ARC remote. Fits in existing place, uses existing cable between inverter and panel, completely customizable for Lithium, AGM, and solar, plus if you add the BMK (battery monitor kit) you get State of Charge on the panel.

There are many other great options, but the first step is figuring out what you need based upon planned useage.

As far as charging the engine batteries, I am assuming you mean keeping them charged while parked. Do you already have a system on board? I don’t remember.

And when you convert to Lithium, you will need to figure out what you are going to do to prevent the alternator from trying to charge the Lithiums. The setup you have will shred the belts and cook the alternator in short fashion due to the ability of the Lithiums to accept massive amounts of current.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Freedom Inverter/charger replacement - by pairodice - 11-11-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Freedom Inverter/charger replacement - by Richard - 11-12-2021, 05:02 AM
RE: Freedom Inverter/charger replacement - by pairodice - 11-12-2021, 05:40 AM
RE: Freedom Inverter/charger replacement - by folivier - 11-12-2021, 06:21 AM