You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Brake lights aren’t working

Hey guys so we are getting our 1980 coach ready for our trip to the smokies Monday and I noticed no brake lights so I checked fuses some seemed nasty and old so I swapped them, no lights, I then checked the hazards switch, all works, now I’m looking for the brake switch and there is nothing that looks like a brake switch near the brake pedal, i then take the brake lights out, 0 volts when no brake applied, 0 volts when brake is applied, headlights turn on and marker lights on 6 volts, brake apply with all lights on 6 volts. What am I missing please help before we have to cancel our trip. Any advice where the brake switch.

1980 38ft "Ole Girl"
6v92
Austin

Hello !  If you do a search of this website, you will find several answers to your question for a classic Newell like yours. I believe there are pictures also. No two Newells are alike, but there are many items that are shared across multiple coaches. Good luck.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Keep in mind the switch you are looking for is a pneumatic switch. Air pressure from the braking system activates it. Look for 2.5 inch diameter flat device.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )