You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The Safe??? Lock?

So I finally got around to mounting the safe again. Done.

So now I need a lock for it. Looks like a regular cylinder lock that activates a solid pin or rod.

The safe is marked Hadon Security Co. But that may have been a dealer.

Anyone know what kind of lock it is?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Anyone have any idea how to make this safe work once again??

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick did you try calling a mobile locksmith? If they can't fix it they should be able to point you in the right direction.
When we had our #486 I had Newell call a locksmith in Miami to come change the lock. Don't remember the brand.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,
My issue is that I have no lock for them to rekey nor any idea what goes in there, Someplace I have photos of the back of the door, it's a crazy mechanism, missing the (I believe) circular lock itself and the parts under neath. I will see if I can find a locksmith locally, but that has not gone well in the past!

Wish I could find an old Hadon Safe and just scavenge the parts. It's not "mission critical" but been nagging me lately as I'm getting ready to go on a longer trip and it would be nice to have it operational.

Thanks for replying!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Here's a link to all that I was able to find; https://www.bizapedia.com/ok/hadon-secur...y-inc.html

HADON SECURITY COMPANY, INC. is an Oklahoma Domestic For-Profit Business Corporation filed on October 11, 1988. The company's filing status is listed as Otc Suspension and its File Number is 1900472079.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Don Seeger and is located at Hwy 82 At Center Dr., Langley, OK 74350.

The company has 1 contact on record. The contact is J. Peter Messler.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Great work Jon. Maybe someone at Newell could help track down parts.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I had found that a log time ago, that company was dissolved and the contacts don't go anywhere. I HAVE found a bunch of similar safes, so I'm looking into retrofitting the door at this point. Need to go get better measurements. If I find something, I'll be happy to post the info!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick,
Have you considered just replacing the safe with a new one? Ours didn't have a safe and I'm going to install a wall safe, but depending on your needs you could thru-bolt a new upgraded one in a location of your choosing for less hassle. Just my 2pennies

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

So I took a couple of photos of my existing safe. Anyone have the same one and can take a photo of the lock mechanism?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick not sure if this helps but here is our safe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas