You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air fittings

I'm trying to find out what air fitting will connect my home air compressor to the air input in the engine bay. I was at Newell in Miami recently and they didn't know off hand. I know there are Type M, A, V (maybe more). I have all these and none will fit. Anyone know what flavor Newell uses?

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

David,

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Milton-1-4-in-M...5002072379

This fits mine. Male on each end, quarter valve in the middle for shutting off the air. Without the shut off valve, it will spew air when you hook it to coach or air hose.

Spritz some light oil into the air chuck on the coach. It’s in a dirty place, and upright at that. It’s a recipe for a malfunctioning chuck.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Why not just change the male in the Newell to the one you use

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Richard,

I'll try the oil. Newell had no trouble hooking up a couple weeks ago. An M seems too long in mine.

John, On my coach it can't be changed. It looks like it was already on the chassis when they built the coach around it.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

I am not acquainted with the air connections in later model coaches , but the '86 I have has 1/4 npt in the engine compartment with a female quick connect . I changed this to Milton " M " Kwik connect to interface with everything I use in the shop. As Richard said , quarter turn valve with male connectors . Interesting that your connector can't be changed .
McMaster Carr has a range of quick connect fittings with online drawings , etc for identification .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

David. Can you take a picture of it?

My 99 i had to plumb one in but it was easy

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Richard was correct. Milton M#174 is it. Someone can tell factory what they are using. Wink

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Other wise known as standard auto fitting.

Glad you got it figured out.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Having similar issues as David coach 513.
Lowes is out of stock re: M-174 plug. Is there an equivalent?
Also, how does the shop air line differ from the outlet line in same engine bay?
I get air pressure coming out of the shop air line when I tried the plugs I have on hand.
Does that line need a check valve?
Thanks in advance for guidance.
Ken
Coach 566

Ken and Pam Cameron
Newell #566, 2000 Newell 45 with 3 slides
Tow 2017 Ford Cmax Energi Hybrid

Try AMAZON for

1/4 " npt female air plugs

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59