You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

infrared repeaters niles IRP2+

hi all,

i am putting new infrared repeaters in my coach for the additional units in my AV system. i also installed a similar system on my 90.

the 02 has the original units that newell put in. the Niles IRP2+. a very nice system. the flashers (the little units that attach to the front of the AV devices) do not hook up as you would think.

they have to be hooked up in series with each other. there is a limit of 4 of them together. you might think to just put them all together but that is not the case.

tom

www.nilesaudio.com/images/legacy/manuals/irp2plusman.pdf

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Curious as to what this is used for.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

let me explain.

btw, i would guess you have this on yours....

it allows you to control devices that use IR remotes even if they are behind closed doors. it is just a infrared led that flashed the code the remote sends through the sensor. in the case of my bedroom all the devices are behind solid cabinet doors so the remotes wouldnt work if i didnt have it.

as for up front, you probably have a round "eye"over the tv or off to the side. that is the infrared sensor that picks up your remote, sends it along a wire to the repeater that then resends it out to the individual devices that have the flasher attached to them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

OK Tom, now I understand. I have taken mine out since I replaced the TVs, amps. and DVD players. Never watch TV in the bedroom since I wear tri-focals so I guess I do not need the repeater.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica