You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tiled shower

In our quest for de-brassification, I took apart the shower door and sent out the brass framework to a local powder coat shop to make it clear coated silver. I had my tile guy come over and tile the shower and vanity area. Turned out really nice so far. I used a hybrid mastic and an epoxy grout. I prepped the shower walls by sanding and priming them with another epoxy type product for maximum adhesion even though it was not necessary. I also added more hardware to secure the upper wiring cover but only after I soldered all wire nutted connections for reliability. Prior to even doing all that, I cut and resealed all corner seams with an 800% flex type caulking. Silicone eventually lets go as it did in my case.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Looks great !

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Very nice! Don’t show this to my wife please! Lol

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Excellent. “Debrassification”. B-).

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I could go on about the fongoliation of some of the laminate but thats a story for another thread Smile

Yeah, I don't want to get anyone in trouble with their wives... I have just under 2k for that little bit in materials and labor. Guy charged me $750 and was so worth it. He messed around with the epoxy grout for hours. It's like installing gobs of wet silicone and wiping it down. Completely a frustrating experience....For him!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

So I received the shower glass trim work back from the powder coat shop. It was a nightmare to put all back together as the frame was slightly skewed from the heat process used to bake the coating on. I believe I spent 7 hours and still need to caulk the interior. I am really happy with the outcome. I also removed the flowers and butterfly decals from the glass. Next up is removing the ceiling brass strips and painting them silver epoxy. The center ones had fallen down many times under the previous owners watch and had been glued back up using silicone. Those strips are rippled from the poor handling. I may rip some wood flooring to fit in those spaces.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

You are doing a great remodel
We love following your project
I am neither showing my wife incase she gets too many ideas

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited

Simon,

So impressed with what you've done with the shower. Looks awesome!!!!!

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Thank you everyone! It is quite an undertaking as we thought it would be a quick refresh but knowing me, I can't leave good enough alone! Shower cost me about $2800 with powder coating, materials (tile) and labor from tile guy. I have about 14 hours labor in it myself.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312