You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Over slide

Has anyone had experience over sliding valid slides? While at Newell in Miami getting service the main salon seal was punctured by broken support in the floor. We were staying in the coach so I paid close attention to the slide sidewall and valance removal. Also the removal of tiles to access two points in the slide to presumably release the room to over slide. I was unable to witness the actual steps to release but upon my return to the shop saw the salon slide (big one) over extended and unsupported while they installed the new seal. Reason for the question is all my secondary wiper seals are missing (including the one Newell worked on) and need to be replaced. Any insight would be helpful as I plan to do this wok myself on all 4 slides

Jeff and Emily Full timer lineman
2006 45’ #764  Cat C15 625
Vacaville California

i have done several hwh slide seal replacments here at my home shop. was looking forward to helping do a valid slide but the owner decided to have newell do it.

there is a special slide track bracket that is used to keep the slide from shooting off on to the ground. we were going to use one and also my slide cart just to be sure.

that said, since i didnt get the chance, not much help

although, kris jones at precision rv in florida has done a number of valid slide seals and i would consider him to be the most expert at it other than newell in the us.

you could try and see if he can help you.

tom

Precision Coach Works
Zephyrhills, Florida
Address: 6200 Fort King Rd, Zephyrhills, FL 33542
Phone: (813) 997-0696

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have a 2005 and the passenger slide seal is hissing. This leak makes the compressor run every 15 min. I am going to newell in two weeks to replace. Does anyone know how much to expect it will cost?

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')

I believe it was around $3700 total, $1200 for the seal.

I believe it was around $3700 total, $1200 for the seal.

Vacaville California

Thanks Tom that confirms what Newell told me, the valid slide rail ends need a special attachment which I can purchase from valid. Newell also informed me all the slides on my coach are self supporting and the hardest part is taking apart the room which I was lucky enough to watch. Roughly 8 hrs work to complete and am looking forward to doing one. I plan on taking pictures a documenting the process for everyone.

Jeff-

Vacaville California

I checked my records and the seal was $582, labor was $2250……..now I remember why I’m going to become proficient at doing this work plus I’m 2400 miles west from Miami. Good luck with your seal replacement we spent the night in the shop across from a 2021 p50 that night

Jeff-

Vacaville California

yea, i know they are self supporting, since i have a slide cart we were just going to make sure.

the hwh slide seal is closer to 1200. plus labor. that is why i made a slide cart and did it myself. was break even the first time and i could do it at my leisure in my shop. and then i have helped out some for free after that.

tom in az

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I just did one of my slides last month, seal cost $1200 and extension brackets (8) $200, the job is very simple, just take your time taking room apart.
Matt Gordon
2005 #721

I’m happy to know fellow laymen can do this work. After my seal burst at Newell I’ve had a little anxiety about them. Tom do you have any pictures of your cart?

Jeff-

Vacaville California

Jeff,

There are decent pictures in the first post of this thread:

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=5238

06 M450LXi 3 slide