You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fire Captain's Fire Safety Review | Andrew Steele's RV Fire

Steve, We really appreciated your video. We also have sadness for Andre and Shea’s loss having followed him since deciding to fulltime. Being a journeyman lineman for the last 25 years I am well aware of the destruction caused by fire. When we purchased our coach and moved in the first thing that made me uncomfortable was the bedroom, having only one 18” x 3’ window (non emergency exit) with a robust divider down the middle. Needless to say limited egress on a front entry if a fire broke out in the front of the coach. That motivated me get two full face 10 min potable oxygen masks, two more fire extinguishers and hatchets which Emily and I keep readily available in our nightstand drawers. We practice getting our masks on and simulate fighting a fire and chopping through the half bath window (has a Jack and Jill door to the bedroom) yet still Andrew and Shea’s loss and magnitude of the fire reminds us we can do more and never be ready enough……getting bigger extinguishers today. Thanks again for the education.

Jeff and Emily Full timer lineman
2006 45’ #764  Cat C15 625
Vacaville California

Messages In This Thread