You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior layout

I'm doing some research on interior layouts on Newell 45' coaches .I would like to see a schematic (with dimensions if possible) of typical floorplans. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Does anybody on the forum have a "blueprint" of your coach floorplan that you could share. My old '78 Newell came with several actual blueprints of the floor plan and wiring schematics!!! I have no such information for my '93.
Thx

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I posted mine in http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Coach-Drawing

I have a 2003 four slide,mid entry / mid bath model.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have 2001 Newell 2 slides ( one bath ) rear walk in closet , I would have to take copies of them , thay are about 4feetx 1 foot 2 et of the blueprints

Let me know if yopu would need it and I might be able to get it done in kinko and mail it to you, we are on the road in CA right now.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I have a couple questions:
Where in the bedroom are the switches for lights, alarm etc in your coach?
Do you have any additional switches in the bedroom or bathroom that I might want be sure that I include in my remodel project?
I'm also interested in opinions concerning a neo-angle shower. tiled walls vs. fiberglass walls. The best shower door configuration?
Does anybody have pics of your bathroom layout?
I'm planning on shower in front curb-side with linen closet just aft in rear curb-side corner. Toilet just across from shower on driver side with vanity just aft in rear driver side corner.
Sure wish I was a better designer!!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

hi dean,

the round shower alot of us have is pretty, but uber expensive. i have heard people being quoted up to 4500 bucks for it and i was quoted 2500 a little over a year ago. so i would not go with it.

the cultured marble walls is easy and not too expensive. you can put tile inserts for accent. i believe there is also lightweight tiles avail.

the shower really depends on where it is located.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

in our coach in the bedroom we have two switches on the wall : one for air door and other for the overhead light/sink cabinet light
Also each side of the bad has switch panel with alarm.generator on/off, and lights ;headboard and celling lights switch,alarm
bedroom sink are has light switches for above mirror lights

Living on the road and taking showers more often, we do like the round style big shower space , its confortable and as Tom mention, you can find light tile material now days for the shower aera and floor.with raund off walls style in 2000 plus coaches round shape shower blends just right and flows smooth with rest of the floor plan.
Also , having shower located across the bathroom makes all sense to us! i see some bathrooms with sink included across the toilet, not sure how big is the space but in our case, there is no way one could be confortable with sink and toilet in same space, just not much room there! and I am only 6 foot 180lbs

If you walk to out bedroom , shower is right on your right , on eth left is door to the bathroom, pas the shower on the right you have sink/mirror than bed , you walk on the left of the bed and now you are facing walk in closet.
I hope thsi help

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Dean,
When I was planning my bus floorplan, I used a program called 3D home ARCHITECT. Because I have OCD when it comes to space utilization, I spent was too much time planning. In the end I found that by locking in the large items like a frig, plumbing bays that restricted changes & window placement, it became a much easier project.

Mouse over image to zoom

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

I'm having trouble finding a shower. My first choice is a round corner shower. So far the only ones I have found use a very thin ABS plastic for the walls and base...Not impressed. Sterling's Vikrell (?) looks like a good material but they don't make a round shower and the neo-angle (which I would consider) is almost too big to fit into the 38" corner space I have. Any ideas would be appreciated.

hi dean,

the round showers newell uses are extremely expensive as you probably saw from a thread on them. i was quoted 2500 for one 18 months ago. and that didnt include the pan.

an option you might consider is going with cultured marble. any good cultured marble place can mold you a shower pan i would guess to any size you want. i personally would stay away from a rounded one and go with a neo angle one. then you can have a custom shower door enclosure made for it. they can also do the wall panels. or you could use lightweight tile. the only real challenge is the shower pan. the rest should be easy.

just a thought

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The fun begins.....I am reworking one of the walls I removed. I shortened it and added the radiused end. Currently reworking the micro-wave cabinet so it will fit on the opposite side of the coach. Still not decided on shower....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)