You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed

Rare 2005 40' Coach for Sale #724

2005 40' COACH #724 FOR SALE.  

One of two forty-footers produced in 2005

In Feb of 2021, we went from a 2004 45' Newell to this beautiful 40' 2005.  Why?  To get a steerable tag axel.  It drives like a dream and is garaged in our carport at the LAKE OF THE OZARKS in Missouri except for our annual trip to a warmer place for winter.  SUPER LOW MILEAGE - 30,000 MI.   It is also, always plugged into AC.

Sadly, health issues make it necessary for me to sell it.   SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE.......

VIN 1N9406X8551011724     COACH #724  YEAR: 2005   MODEL: 400   MILEAGE: 30,000

Tires: 90% - No cracks in sidewals.  Certified satisfactory by Newell in Oct 2021

Caterpillar 500 HP C13 Diesel Engine (pre-DEF)   Allison 6-speed Automatic Transmision

Valid Truline Computerized Leveling System

3 SLIDES: 2 in Salon - 1 in Bedroom

FEATURES:
Anti-lock Braking System

Batteries: Engine 2-Heavy Duty Certified by Newell in 2021  House - 6 Heavy Duty (certified by Newell in 2021

Bays (3): 1 motorized bay in nose of coach, 1 large bay and 1 small bay in passenger side of coach

Diesel/Electric Aqua-Hot   Electric Heaters in Bath and under Desk   (3) Ducted Dometic Roof Air  Tri-Zone Thermostat

Girard Motorized Awings over windows including front door   In-Motion Satellite On Roof

Powertech 20Kw Generator in quiet box in driver-side bay   Rear Back-up Camera   Front Entrance 

Desk with large slide-out storage and desk drawer   SubZero 26cf Refrigerator with 2 Freezer Drawers & Ice Maker

German-Made Miele Dishwasher,  2-Burner Gaggenau cooktop, Sharp Microwave/Convection Oven  

Silver-Leaf Vehicle Monitor System   Yamaha Stereo Receiver with speakers throughout    Marble floor in Galley and Bath

Sculpted Carpet in Salon and Plush in Bedroom   Splendide Washer/Dryer in Cabinet in Bath   

2 Large Built-in cabinets in Bedroom with Plexiglass doors  

Collapsible Shelf in Bedroom to permit access to rear bath during travel.   

Side Custom Queen + bed (65" x 80") with motorized life for storage underneath bed

Ceiling Fan in Bedroom   42" TV Front and 50" 4K Active Smart TV in Rear  Direct TV Receiver in Salon

Rear Bath with generous shower, 2 large closets and drawers below closets in bath.

ASKING PRICE $200,000

* INSPECTION BY ADVANCE APPOINTMENT ONY AS WE LIVE IN IT FULL TIME *

QUESTIONS: EMAIL: [email protected]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')

New post today on my 40 foot newell 2005. All of you who asked me to post it have photos now.

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')

Cool coach. Not much out there right now in that price range. A 40 footer with a steerable tag has got to be amazingly nimble. Best of luck on the sale!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Ted,

Where are you loced right now? In Missouri or ?

Regards,
Bob

Oops, misspelled located........

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

I am in lake of the ozarks. Email for seeing the coach. [email protected]

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')

I just had an email dialog with Ted March 19, 2022 after seeing this coach listed for sale on RVTRADER for one day.
Buyer beware.  This is a salvage coach.  Ted says it WAS a salvage coach and not anymore.
This is not possible.  Once a salvage always salvage unless you play games with the paperwork and somehow wash away the salvage title by creative
and somewhat unethical registration schemes.  Sometimes it can be done to hide a salvage title.
Normally Newell will NOT service or sell parts for any salvage coach. 
The same applies for Marathon and other bus manufacturers. 

I asked Ted if he had photos of the damage prior to repair.
Ted told me that the coach had 150 miles on it when it was rear ended and the only cost for repair was an $11,000 rear door so the insurance company salvaged the vehicle.  This is very suspect!  An insurance company does not salvage a million dollar coach for an $11,000 repair.  They would have to replace the coach or buy the coach from the insured at full value. Is an insurance company going to give away a million dollars? I suspect that Ted is not very honest
I asked Ted about the age of the tires and he did not reply but I see that he states that Newell certifies they are good.
Newell would never certify that tires are good if they are old.  He said the batteries are 5 years old but Newell tested them and they are good.
A load test may show that 5 year old batteries are good but who knows.  
After asking a few questions and after telling Ted that I ran the vin and it came up salvage, Ted then tells me the coach has been sold.   Very odd.
Why didnt ted tell me the coach was sold after the first email?  Our email dialog only lasted about 10 minutes and in that short time the coach suddenly was sold after I asked a few questions and after I brought up the salvage issue which by the way is not mentioned anywhere.
Buyer beware!  Im thinking Teddy boy will not disclose that the coach has been wrecked beyond economical repair for an insurance company unless someone does their homework and confronts him. 
If you are okay with buying this coach after doing a lot of due diligence I would also have Newell or another reputable engine servicer read the actual miles from the engine computer just to make sure the miles are correct because the odometer can be changed to reflect miles that are not accurate. A coach this old with only 30k is really almost an impossibility.
I would NEVER sell a salvage vehicle without disclosing it, NEVER!  It is dishonest.

This man is wrong and has jumped to conclusions I am, and always have been an honest person. I bought the coach as a "Previous Salvage". NOT a Salvage vehicle. The title is attached to prove that it legitimately is a previous salvage vehicle. Upon purchase, I took the coach immediately to Newell approximately 1 year and 3 months ago. And they repaired a slide out and anything else they found wrong with it. Many of the employees at Newell knew the whole story of coach #724. They told me the day it was sold in 2005, the buyer left Newell towing a pickup truck, only to get rear-ended after only 150 miles. I asked for any invoice of repair parts sold for that vehicle. Attached is a copy of an invoice for a rear cap, rear engine door and rear bumper. When I asked if this was all that was needed to fix the coach. Newell said this was the only invoice they had for coach 724 from 2005 when the original accident happened. Since my purchase of the coach a year and 3 months ago, I have only had the coach serviced at Newell. I have a copy of every service invoice for the past year and 3 months. Yes, the coach is sold after one day on RV Trader! The gentleman lives in Michigan and he knows this whole story. TJ needs to learn the difference between "Salvage Title" and "Previous Salvage" title in the state of Missouri. TJ was himself interested in buying the bus but it sold before he could finish the conversation with me. Coach 724 is my 2nd Newell. I had a 2004 for approximately 3 years in which I lived full-time. I always wanted a 40-footer and a steering tag axle. I was lucky enough to find coach 724 and bought it the day I found it. It only has 30,000 mi on it. My health dictates that I sell the coach and get out of motor-homing. But I can tell you, TJ should not bear false witness against his neighbor. The new owner was told, by me, this whole store. I am telling this story to the Newell Gurus to put this shameful incident to rest.

Attachments:

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')

thumbnails below

Attached Files
.pdf 2005 40' Newell Title.pdf Size: 374.37 KB  Downloads: 47
.pdf PARTS INVOICE FOR END CAP.pdf Size: 205.79 KB  Downloads: 40

Regards,

Ted Ave
2005 Coach # 724 (40')
Thread Closed