You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ramco mirror adjustment

Driver’s side mirror is noisy so I’d like to play around a bit with positioning.  Loosened the large nut on the bottom and can’t budge it.  Can’t remember if it was their site or another forum that said to give it a good tap, but the ones I’m giving it are not doing the trick.  Maybe I’m just being to gentle.  Any suggestions for breaking these free?

Also any advice on positioning would be great.  Coach is so quiet up front aside from this, passenger side is quiet as can be.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad,

I have mine sucked as close in to the side as possible, maybe an inch clearance. I did that to minimize rear view glare at night. I don’t hear much wind noise out of it.

The weep holes in the windows can make a great deal of noise. I found that if I stuff them with 1/8 wide nylon grosgrain ribbon, it quiets them down without stopping them up. https://www.amazon.com/VATIN-Solid-Grosg...8757&psc=1

And you go to the craft store to buy some, say grow grain or they will laugh at you for pronouncing the S. Don’t ask how I know this.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'll try that Richard on the nylon ribbon and that reminds me that I really need to take one of my covers over to a local guy that agreed to make me a file for attempting to 3D print some covers for everyone. Now if I could just figure out how to get my mirror arm to budge. I was afraid to put to much torque out on the end of it as it didn't want to damage anything. Best guess it that it's just like a tight lid on a jar and I might be closer than I think until it finally gives way.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO