You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is it?

Gang,

I was digging around behind the panel above the driver and I found this (see photo) laying in the bottom of the cabinet.

Lets play what is it and what does it do!

I think I know what it is...but I want to see what you guys think.

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have absolutely no idea Bill. But I have one velcroed to the trim panel on drivers side of the windshield.
My wire disappears behind the trim panel so don't know where it is connected.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Here is what I think it is...

I think it is a receiver for the radar detector. I have another one mounted down low facing forward in front of driver's seat....same as you.

Question is...if I am right...what is the second one for? There is a "splitter" behind the radar detector that this guy can plug into. Maybe a "rear facing" radar sensor?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

The plug is DC sound like you would plug in to yoour laptop for external speakers. Could it be for a turn signal amp?

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

Gang,

I figured out what the gizmo was!

Its for the radar detector mounted in the overhead. Beltronics Vector LR Remote. The picture shows a REAR facing laser detector! I guess in the case of an RV, its kinda hard to mount a rear facing laser detector. Sad

The radar detector is pretty complicated. There is a control head mounted in the overhead, but the guts and detector is mounted in front of dash even with bottom of window in front of driver. The front laser detector is positioned on the pillar to left of driver. I may take this one and mount higher up on passenger side. (temporarily just to see). There is a splitter behind the overhead console that this plugs into.

Like many of you, I don't *usually* speed. I am more interested in better fuel economy. But in the case of a speed trap...its always good to have a little warning.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama