You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Just bought a 2004 Newell Coach

Hi, I just bought a Newell 2004 coach through an auction. I will pick it up next few days. I wonder if it comes with ower's operating manuals and maintenance guides. 
I currently own a "2001 Country Coach intrigue 40ds 2 Slides 40FT Turbo", which I am going to sell it.
I am brand new with Newell, so any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well Kaptian, you did good Sir. Once in possession, service the Webasto burner in the Aqua Hot heater. Having done that, run the burner once per month year round, no excuses. It will go 2 or 3 years before needing service again.

Let it sit and sit, could need service in 6 months. Use it or loose it. All the best.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

welcome to the gang,

newell is not much for manuals, so you might find a short one in a newell binder and they would include the manuals for the systems in the coach when new. hopefully they were not removed prior to you buying it.

your best manual will be this group...

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Congrats on your purchase! I looked at it on line at the auction site, but can't quite yet justify owning 2 Newell coaches. You can check with the folks at the factory / service center in Miami, OK to see if they are awre of anything you need to watch for as well as service history they might have on hand. 888-363-9355 Have your coach number on hand. From the SN listed on auction site, I believe you have coach number 701.

I thought that looked like Marc Newman’s old coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Aboard Kaptain!
Rudy & Tom's advice is spot on.
I check this group pretty much daily and read all of the new posts.
When Richard is helping you, listen carefully and I've found the best bet is to do exactly as he asks.
There are a lot of great guys on this forum ready to help.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Trainer - Thanks a lot for your excellent advice, that's definitely valuable information for me.
Encantotom & hbebs - Thanks for your input.
Ccjohnson and Richard - Yes. this is 2004 Newell coach 701, is this formerly owned by Marc Newman?
Marc Newman - please take a look at photos of this 701 that I downloaded from the for sale auction site, do you still recognize it after so many years?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Congrats! I went from an 04 Intrigue to a 05 Newell and wow what a difference. Totally different drive. On the video online it looked like the rear ride height is low, I would check the ride height valves on the rear. It’s easy to temp fix if it is bad.

Congrats! You'll find this group is some of the most amazing folks you'll ever meet.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO
Photo 

Thank you all for all the help and input.
Afrench - thanks for noticing and pointing out the rear appears low. 

when you say:
Quote:".... check the ride height valves on the rear. It’s easy to temp fix if it is bad."

Could you elaborate a bit more on how to do a temp fix?