You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for the right coach

For your entertainment, look at the travel log section. You will find 8 years of extended trips of 5 to 6 months that Rhonda and I have taken. You can look at those itineraries and get an idea of all the places we have parked a 45 Newell without steerable tag. Google earth, Big Rigs Best Bets, and a personal call to the campground are the key tools that Rhonda uses when selecting a campground. I have NO issue driving a two lane road so I wouldn’t necessary categorize the Newell as an interstate queen. If you can back a fiver, you can easily back into a spot with a 45 coach. Rhonda is an excellent spotter, knows what the coach will and won’t do, and always stands so I can see her in the mirrors. If I am unsure, I stop. She will come to the window, and we talk about my concerns. That technique avoids the campground drama that we sometimes observe.

We do not visit many State Parks because of their length limitations. Very few National Parks have an inside park that will hold a 45 footer, but almost all have campgrounds outside the entrances. Although we have stayed at Grand Canyon Village several times. If there is somewhere neat that we can’t get the coach close to, we have no objections for taking the toad and staying at a B&B, tent camping, or backpacking. I don’t consider us tethered to the coach.

The Newell or Prevost will be a LOT more maintenance than you are used to with the fiver. If you are handy, understand electricity, and willing to learn, the maintenance can be an entertaining hobby. If you expect a Newell or Prevost to be like a Honda with regard to maintenance, you will be very unhappy.

The factory provides good service, and this forum helps many who wish to handle it themselves.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Looking for the right coach - by 2BirdDogs - 03-17-2022, 07:40 AM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by Richard - 03-17-2022, 04:22 PM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by 2BirdDogs - 03-17-2022, 05:05 PM
Found the Right Coach... RE: Looking for the right coach - by 2BirdDogs - 03-24-2022, 10:58 AM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by Fulltiming - 03-24-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by Richard - 03-24-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by hbens - 03-24-2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by 2BirdDogs - 03-24-2022, 02:11 PM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by 360 - 03-24-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: Looking for the right coach - by BusNit - 03-24-2022, 04:26 PM