You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gaggenau Grill (bay) Pictures?

I just received one of the electric Gaggenau Grills that was mounted in the bay. It's in a 2 foot or so box with carpeted storage underneath and a flat bottom. My coach used to have one installed in the bay. Can anyone point me to some photos of what that installation typically looked like??
My assumption (I know, never assume!) is that it was mounted on drawer slides.
Thank you!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Hi Rick,

In my Gallery pictures of Coach 1223 are 2 pictures of the Gaggenau Grill installed. One of many types that were produced I believe. Hope it helps.

http://newellgurus.com/gallery/displayim...play_media
http://newellgurus.com/gallery/displayim...play_media

Regards,

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Mike,
  That's EXACTLY what i needed! My grill is mounted The "long way" and the enclosure is smaller and without entertainment. Still it weighs a ton. I will have to see if the drawer slides are still there, or source some to install.

You wouldn't happen to have the manual for it or even a model number?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

I think the important parts are the slides which includes a lock-out switch which keeps the grill from powering on when retracted and an extension lock that keeps the grill from accidentally retracting into the stored position. You will also need a power cord carrier that keeps the cord out of the way and protected.

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Sorry, I just realized I did not answer your question. No I don't have a manual.
I might suggest you spend some time looking at what you need for an outside grill.
The Gaggenau grill works very well, but in my installation I have a TV and car stereo system along with a small fridge mounted in the back of the box. None of which I use and yes this thing weighs a ton.
I would think about rebuilding the unit to suit your needs and greatly reduce the weight. Being in my #2 forward bay a weight reduction would be a big positive on the front axel.