You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Dash Air issues

Coach 643 has an SCS A/C-Heater "suitcase" unit behind the dash for the dash air and I'm finding out that just like those of us that have the SCS basement units almost no parts are available for this particular dash unit.  Angry

Has anybody out there replaced the Evaporator Coil in there SCS dash A/C-Heater unit? 

I'm specifically looking for SCS part# 041-00150?

Ron & Jennifer Ward
2003 Newell Show Coach #643 (Racer Bus) Triple Slide, DD 60
Visalia, CA

You might poke around with Vintage Air or Evans Tempcon to see if they have something that would fit.

Are you leaking coolant or refrigerant?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Seems Evans has morphed into this outfit. https://comfortairgr.com/product-categor...e-systems/

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard... I had the compressor seal go out so replaced the compressor and put in a new dryer. It worked great for a couple of trips, then on the way home from one of them it started blowing warm air and I could smell Freon in the vents, so I'm pretty sure the Evaporator Coil gave out.
Know one including Morgan at Newell show that part number exists, but it's on mine and you can see the picture of it along with that exact part number on the site you referenced above...The model is an HC280 and the part number of the whole unit is 088-00228. The evaporator part number is 041-00150.

Ron & Jennifer Ward
Visalia, CA

Hang on, before I would go to the expense and effort to replace the evap coil, I would confirm that is the leaking part. After all, four fittings were opened to change the compressor and drier. I would pressurize and soap up those fittings before going any further.

I get the “smelled refrigerant in the vents” clue, but the diagnostics on what was touched are easy and may save you a lot of bother. But I think the drier is in the bay underneath the passengers feet, and the air intake for your AC isn’t far away.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

To further add to what Richard said, the "refrigerant smell" is likely the oil. It doesn't take much at all to give that smell.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks Richard I will check that out... You don't know me well enough to know how it works for me. My whole life has been that the part that's the hardest to get to and more than likely obsolete, is the one that goes out... Every time!

My wife says that had she known what kind of luck I have she would have picked someone else... Seriously Smile

Thankfully I can do almost all of the work myself, so at least I save on the labor... LOL

Ron & Jennifer Ward
Visalia, CA

Ron, I though I was the only one who dealt with stuff that broke, was the stuff I couldn't get! Seems I am a magnet to that circumstance...

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Does anyone that has a coach around 2003 with the condenser and fan in the front passenger compartment, does the electric fan push air through the condenser or pull air through the condenser?

Ron & Jennifer Ward
Visalia, CA

Pulls. Fans are way more efficient pulling than pushing air.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad