You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1989 40' Coach - Excellent condition

Detroit Diesel 92V, Factory new Imron exterior paint, Kohler generator, cooler/freezer below compartment, new interior (carpet, drapes, shades), new upholstery, new captian's cockpit seats, washer/dryer, icemaker, (2) flat screen tv's, replaced airbags and tires. Excellent condition. 

163,000 miles

$95,000

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

location?

I saw this post yesterday it was $87,500, now $95,500.
I guess BobGriffin decided to raise the price, perhaps due to the current unstoppable inflation?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

as we all know, coaches are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. circumstances, condition, location, layout, features and on and on.

i get asked to value coaches often and it is something i dont really do.

almost ten years ago i sold my 1990 38 ft newell. it was in excellent condition and was featured in motorhome magazine a couple of years ago. i totally redid everything in that coach. i sold it for 50k. i could likely get more than that for it today.

and for sure the last few years with covid, inflation and our friend andrew steele, the awareness of newells and their value has risen significantly.

a guru sent me a note a few days ago. he and his wife have been looking for several years. i met them when they came to look at a newell that ended up not being what they needed. it was a pretty coach. i looked at it. but the layout was not right. he said that they have spent a fortune going all over to look at coaches. another guru i know bought a coach i personally thought was overpriced. but to him, he knew it was high, but liked it, was tired of flying all over looking at them and needed to get into it fast for personal reasons. so, it was not overpriced when all those factors were taken into account.

the market is nuts, for how long? who knows.

i found that i am a great buyer, but a horrible seller. when i sold the 90 i sent a million pictures of it and pointed out what was wrong with it. the buyer finally called me and said stop trying to talk him out of it and wired me the money.

my last coach i had steve at arizona luxury coach sell for me and that is the way to do it. i also just sold my hot rod through a classic car broker for a pain free experience.

bob, i hope you get what you want for it or what makes you happy and that who buys it is happy as well.

my two cents worth and i am stickin to it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Beautiful coach, I have been watching the older ones for 5 years. This is the most I have seen, price wise.  May find that one buyer. I know the market has been high. I also think the bluebird wanderlodge is the closest to a Newell. With that said, the biggest deterrent is the 8V92 and most people want the tag axle. I have owned them and a great engine, the problem is for that much coin usually you can find a newer year and the series 60 engine. It would be interesting to see what this coach does sell for, I think it will sit for quite a while at that price. I believe it’s probably going to have to be more around the $50-55 range to match past history for this condition. Up to 65k tops in this market.

Maybe my recent purchase of a 1987 with a Series 60, just got more valuable, 1 of 1 maybe.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

I have a spare D60 engine burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm not sure if classic motorhomes are valued like classic cars, but this 1989 looks to be factory original, which in cars would add to the value.

I'm going a different direction with my 1986 and embracing technological advances made in the last 36 years.

I'm with Tom on this one, a coach is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If this coach is ready to hit the road, with everything working and not needing tires or batteries, $95k is a lot less money than people are asking for much newer models of other brands that aren't manufactured to go a million-plus miles.

@"Johnnyboy" , curious what you bought, 1987 was the first year of the Series 60, and Newell didn't offer it as an option until 1994.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Beautiful coach. If it’s as clean mechanically, it’s worth every dollar

I'm with JohnnyBoy.....selling price will probably be somewhere in the $50,000+ range....maybe into the 60's, but I doubt it.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Tom,
That's an absolutely classic line....."I am a great buyer, but a horrible seller"
I would guess quite a few of us would fall into that category!!!

Dale & Shari Nelson
2001 Newell 45' #599 Triple Slide