You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

aqua hot starting itself

Electrical problems: 
I installed a macerator on PS, wired direct to house battery with toggle switch by spider control panel. Works fine. 

It all started with fixing air conditioner 1 (AC1). 
tested found no power at the unit. 
checked breaker had power out. 
traced wire to relay box that wasn't working. 
It is below the main panel and controls AC1 & AC3. turns the power on or off via a signal wire (don't know (yet) what signals it). 
jumped the signal wire and relay worked. stays active till i unplug shore power.

during the trouble shooting I turned main power on and off several times. 

The 120 volt compressor wouldn't come on.
Newell took me thru total coach power rest for the spyder wire. it worked. 

ran the macerator Shortly after I run the macerator the aqua hot will turn itself on in diesel mode Sometimes the auto tank fill turns itself on When the aqua hot is running as above, pressing the button turns the light on but the unit goes off after a cool down 
The lights on the spider panels for that function seem to be opposite. 

I am looking for the sypder wire control box location.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

haven't run macerator for 2 days and it seems the auto fill (city water valve) is ok, still lights as above and aqua hot turns on each afternoon.

I am going to run the macerator from a remote battery box to see if the macerator is causing a signal problem in the DC.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

When you turn on Aqua Hot on on 240v you turn the power off too #1 and #3 AC through that relay
Spyder control panel sends signal to Aqua Hot  panel that is on the Aqua Hot on 712

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

John is correct. To run all ACs in a Newell, Aqua Hot electric elements must be turned off. The diesel burner runs just fine if you need heat or hot water.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area