You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Check Valve

Can anyone shoot me in the right direction on which check valve I would need at McMaster Carr?  This is in my bay with my 120V compressor.  Getting a little air bleeding back to the compressor when it's not running.  Looked like there were all kinds of options when I went to look it up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

This is the one I have bought and used from Amazon. Did you try to clean that one with carb cleaner?

https://www.amazon.com/Control-Devices-B...158&sr=8-3

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Try 7768k12. I think that looks like 1/4 pipe thread in the photo, if not get the correct pipe size.

Replace the push to leak fitting with a compression fitting. Use pipe dope, not teflon tape on the threads. (Forest is cringing). The teflon tape can shred and get into the check valve mechanism.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just throwing a "troll" question out. Richard, what would be the difference between pipe dope and rolling dope?
CCJ

If you get the teflon tape on the first thread it can shred. It’s light enough to move in air flow. That tiny bit of fluff gets into solenoid valves, check valves, and the like. Just my .02

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

And for the rest of the story, pipe dope will eventually dry out and a piece could break off and have similar results.
Don't worry either works. Just use enough for the threads and make sure nothing gets over the first thread so it can't enter the air stream.
BTW pipe dope is messier than tape. But nothing and I mean NOTHING is as messy as Never Seize!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

A rig hand told me several years ago that the difference was 8-10 dollars an once. The pipe dope being more expensive as it was cleaner with less seeds. I thought with the advent of all the new marijuana dispensaries, someone else's mind might drift down that path.

Cling would know this but for those not fortunate to have spent time on a drilling rig floor the only thing messier than Never Seize is the pipe dope they use for drill pipe.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337