You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

leak at 110v air comp. water separator

I am leaking air where the glass bowl screws onto the valve body. I have tried "O" rings but no success. Does anyone know what seal is required. Photo attached of the water separator.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

hi chester,

i sent you a pdf of what i think the unit is.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Spoke with a tech about your air leak. The o ring is the seal. Look for a very small crack in the upper area where the o ring should seal.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Tom, thanks. Steve, thanks for asking and I will take a look tomorrow and report back.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Found a hair-line crack and ordered a new complete unit through Amazon, $47 with tax. The Parker model number of you original is 06F1C00021 which is replaced with model 06F12AC. Tom held my hand while I sorted all of this out.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

(04-08-2013, 02:03 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Spoke with a tech about your air leak. The o ring is the seal. Look for a very small crack in the upper area where the o ring should seal.

had the same problem super glued inside the plastic bowl, fixed the problem

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Chester mine was leaking also, Replaced unit and the parts inside were in pieces.

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

I actually removed mine when broken and just bleed the water from the tank once a month or so and Mike E / Newell liked and agreed with this alteration/fix working fine and has for almost 3 years.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry, found that the bleed fitting leaked unless tighten with pliers. Too much work to bleed.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

I installed a 3.00 petcock on the bottom of the tank, but understand that others may find it extra labor. I like to check all my systems often and its just on the list. Will talk soon about Mexico.....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border