You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

7k miles and didnt see a single newell

darlene and i just got back from a 7k mile trip.....we didnt take the newell for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of fuel costs, and lack of rv facilities in a lot of the places we were going.  

we went from arizona to toronto, across the tip of michigan to iowa, then nebraska and colorado and home.  visited a number of gurus on the way and thanks to each of them for hosting us or feeding us or both.....

an observation.   other than at the newell factory where we stopped for a tour, we didnt see a single newell.  

in fact, i would say we saw very few big rig rvs and all, certainly far less than in past years.  

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

These are rare collector items, Tom! They need to be stored and taken care of!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Our Newell count in Amana Iowa this season is 3. There is a lack of class A diesel pushers this year, with the exception of Tiffin.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

8k miles and too many to count.
Just gotta know where to hunt for them!
Have seen maybe 30 or more.

HINT: aside from Miami, helps to go to Vegas and a Rally too. ;-)

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Saw 3 in the same park in Michigan in June

1995 # 390

Newell will have a coach in Petoskey, Michigan July 20-27th. I'll be in Frankfort Crystal Lake Resort then and plan to do a day trip to see it. I'll arrive in Petoskey the 29th for a few days as a Troll (Trolls live below the bridge) before crossing the Mackinac Bridge into Yooper Territory.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Including mine, we have three in our RV Resort at Lake Greenwood, South Carolina

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)

i stand corrected when we were at deans house in indiana i saw his beautiful newell tucked away in his shop. ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It was certainly a pleasure having Tom and Darlene visit!! I have one short Newell trip planned in august and might take it to Tennessee in September.
Dean

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Dean, when are you headed to TN? We will be in Louisville KY around the last week of September

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312