You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit?

If the unit has the Dometic basement air, you already have a mini split, just not an inverter driven one.

The SCS units can be made dependable and they work very well up to about a 100 degrees.

I have looked at the new technology, and continue to look. The biggest challenge for me is what, where, and how to mount the evaporator unit inside that is aesthetically matched. I am not going to hang a conventional mini unit on any cabinet. I have looked at the evaporator units currently on the market intended to work with ducted systems and I haven’t found a hidden place in the coach that will fit them that will also work with the existing ductwork.

I am not saying it can’t be done, I just haven’t spent any serious noodling to figure it out.

The other thing to consider is that in the existing space for the basement units, you only have room for one condenser unit in each space. That tells me that both of the condenser units will have to be 240V units unless you want to limit yourself to about 12000 BTU per unit which seems to be the case for 120V. I have read how much more efficient they are, but I would not feel confident that two 12000 BTU units will keep my bride comfortable. The 240V requirement would not be a problem for us because we are either on the pedestal or on the generator, but it is something to think about.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by SouthernDevGirl - 08-02-2022, 01:08 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by folivier - 08-02-2022, 05:39 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by Richard - 08-02-2022, 07:04 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by BusNit - 08-02-2022, 08:30 AM