You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RV Noobie

Greetings,
We just bought our first RV, Coach 295. It was an estate situation and the son did a great job of sharing what he knew but we have quickly learned there is a lot more to this thing. We drove it 1400 miles home from Arizona to the great northwest and had our daily class in the school of hard knocks along the way. I am happy to say the only problems we had with the coach were the ones we brought upon ourselves which leads me to why we joined this site, we have so much to learn. It has the owners manual but all it imparts is the features the coach has, not how to use any of them. I'm sure we will humor members with what should be common sense questions as we get deeper into this.
The coach is in great shape, we like to tell people we went looking in Quartzite for a treasure and came away with a gem! We have been able to piece together from the paperwork in the coach that we are the 5th owners and a Newell was the 2nd. The 3rd owner started a black book of records that was kept up by the 4th, pretty cool! We have almost 15 years of history because of it and there is room for us to continue with it for the next owner.
Adventures are awaiting us!
Janet & Galen

Congrats. Welcome to the group!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Congrats on your new purchase. I am happy to see you made your maiden voyage still filled with optimism. The more time you spend with your Newell and the more you are willing to learn, the more interesting the experience. From my understanding, #295 has had a good deal of upgrades and replacements over the past five years so you should benefit from those in the long run. Welcome.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome to the madness! I have #312 which I have been renovating the interior. These are stout buses but can be quirky. It took me a few "A-ha" moments as I figured out many systems.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Welcome to the group.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

welcome. my 90 was the same bergundy color.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Congrats and welcome!

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Welcome Aboard Janet & Galen

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Welcome to the Newell family! Glad your trip home was successful.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Curious where in 'the great northwest' you drove to. My last purchase was from Austin Texas to Boise Idaho.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad