You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Owner Coach 526

Hello everyone. We just purchased Coach 526, a 1999 40.5’ double slide Newell from Arizona Luxury Coach. We had a wonderful trip home to Tennessee. We look forward to many more adventures. Hopefully, after I figure out where everything is and what everything does. 

What a great resource this forum was in the lead up to our purchase. 

Mark & Linda Power

Welcome! So glad to have you here. Be sure to add your coach number to your signature. (That way when you have a question…folks with similar vintages can chime in).

Have fun with your new coach!

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Congratulations and enjoy it!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

hi mark,

that used to be my coach before the owner you bought it from. i think you will like it. i spent alot of time getting everything all tip top before i sold it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mark,

Tell us a little about yourself. This info will help us help you if we know your background. For example, the answer to an electrical problem will be different for an electrical engineer vs someone who is just learning to use a voltmeter. Neither is bad, just different.

For example, your background and comfort level with mechanical and electrical repair.
Your previous coach experience
Your planned use of the coach
Your physical location
Your reasons for buying Newell

You will find this to be a very helpful group. There are no dumb questions, and the learning curve for the spaceship you just purchased is steep. I encourage you to use the search engine for many common issues have lengthy and detailed existing information. A quick trick is to use the word AND in the search term. For example HWH leveling system will return all threads in no order with all three of those words. But if you put HWH AND leveling AND system in the search box the threads with HWH leveling system will be in the first threads listed.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Aboard Mark and Linda!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group. 

To add to Richards Google search advice, ("ddec iii" | "ddec 3") and memory will return results that contain ddec iiii or ddec 3 and memory. Google does not distinguish between upper and lower case. ("DDEC III" | "DDEC 3") AND MEMORY will return exactly the same results.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I’m a retired military officer. Started an adaptive cycling business 20 years ago. I adapt pedal recumbent trikes and handcycles for sick, I’ll, and injured service members. So I’ve been TIG welding and bending metal for awhile. I have CNC equipment in my shop to fabricate parts for the trikes and handcycles we do. We also have a powder coat setup to paint the parts and bikes before they go out.

Comfortable doing DIY, but being an old military guy, I’m longing for a technical manual on this bus!

Tom, Steve Bennett at Arizona Luxury Coach spoke highly of you, the things you improved in the Coach, and your overall Newell knowledge. I truly have a half a million questions!

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to learning.

Mark & Linda Power
Coach 526
1999 Newell

Mark, each Newell is a one-off. You won't find a manual for a 1999 Newell coach that covers everything. What Newell does is equip each individual coach with the best available equipment at the time, based on what the individual ordering the coach specified. We all know that the best state-of-the-art 1999 TV doesn't hold a candle to TVs being manufactured today, so we replace them and add an additional manual to the stack. The same thing with radios, wasn't a single hands-free Bluetooth radio in 1999, but now you can get them for $100 or less. There are also engine monitoring devices like VMSpec and BlueFire available now that no one even imagined in 1999. The one thing that should give you peace of mind, every Newell ever built was built to go a million miles plus.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thank you for your service, and thank you even more for using your talents to help our wounded warriors.

In lieu of a decent manual, if you can find an owner of a similar era coach to visit with you and do a walk through, you will find that invaluable. Video taping the walk through would help, since it will be like drinking water from a hydrant.

Where are you? And maybe one of the guru gang will reach out and provide support.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )