You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Fireplace w/Cabinet and Top

I have finally finished the new, between the new recliners, fireplace cabinet. It perfectly matches the laminate in the rest of the coach and the solid surface top is color matched to match the rest of the coaches counter tops, tables, etc. Even has the Black trim embedded in the surface.

The fireplace is a small, hard to find one (believe me, it took forever to locate) but fits nicely and looks great. Of course it's also a heater if needed.

I am mounting it to the wall with two largish screws into the 5/8th ply of the wall. It sits on the floor, so I believe it should be fine. If not, I will remove, run a bead of silicone underneath and reattach to the wall.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Rick, nice job! It looks factory. We bought a 5th wheel to live in while having a house built in Seattle that had a heater like that, and it worked really well.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Nice! I’m liking the glass/ceramic tile as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I can't take credit for the glass tile, but can tell you it's tough to drill through! Even with the correct bits.

I am really not using it for heat.. I may, and it works, but it's more about "ambiance" When you sit on the coach you are in front of the fireplace and when you sit on the recliners you are facing the drop down movie screen and can watch the projection using the table for snacks..

Such a tough life we newell'ers live Smile

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

(09-09-2022, 12:05 PM)Wanderman Wrote:  I have finally finished the new, between the new recliners, fireplace cabinet. It perfectly matches the laminate in the rest of the coach and the solid surface top is color matched to match the rest of the coaches counter tops, tables, etc. Even has the Black trim embedded in the surface.

The fireplace is a small, hard to find one (believe me, it took forever to locate) but fits nicely and looks great. Of course it's also a heater if needed.

I am mounting it to the wall with two largish screws into the 5/8th ply of the wall. It sits on the floor, so I believe it should be fine. If not, I will remove, run a bead of silicone underneath and reattach to the wall.

Thanks for looking!
Rick, nice job!  Where did you find those recliners at?  Regards, Mike  Coach 776

Desk of Mike Figley USN Retired
Coach 776- quad slide, 625 hp cat
Toad-2022 GMC 2500 hd Denali 

I found them online and tracked down the last 2 at a place called B&H Photo Video in NYC. We drove down and picked them up. Shipping would have been prohibitive!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

That looks fantastic! Good job!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

That looks great. We put a portable electric fireplace on the console in the winter for ambiance and heat in the winter. On really cold days it helps a lot with all the cold air falling off of the single pane windshield glass in the front.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741

Doug I cut and fitted some mylar bubble coverings for the Windshield, it does a great job insulating the front. Make a big difference in summer and winter.

Doug,
 I cut and fitted some mylar bubble coverings for the Windshield, it does a great job insulating the front. Make a big difference in summer and winter.

You can just see it in the picture below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Somehow I missed this post about the fireplace. Man that turned out awesome!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO