You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Valid slide sensors

Taking the coach to a shop for some work today, and at a long red light (in the left turn lane) I set the parking brake so I could stand up for a moment.  I sat back down, disabled the parking brake and tried to put it in drive and it wouldn't engage.

It took a few minutes, but with help from Newell on the phone we discovered the driver side front slide was not secure and would not operate.  Newell instructed me to flick the switch under the left side armrest to over-ride the slide safety so I could get out of the intersection, and away I went.

I got to the shop just a few miles further and discovered the sensor in the Generator's radiator bay not lit.  It also wasn't exactly aligned (see pic).  I reached in to see if it was loose and it instantly lit.  Now I cannot tell if it is just borderline because it is not aligned or if there is a bad connection where the wire enters the sensor.

Anyone have any thoughts based on the picture?

Is this something I should re-align myself?  If so, how do I make sure the pin is in the correct location before re-aligning the sensor?

Thanks in advance.

David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry