You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Minor Engine Compartment Detailing

Finally got a chance to do some minor engine detailing.  The chromed air induction pipes had spotted rust, road grime  & caked on dirt.  To say the least they looked bad.  I had tried several products in-situ with not much success.  I picked up some Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanse and a green Scotch-Brite pad to give it a try.  It worked so good on a spot clean that I removed the pipes for a thorough cleaning.  Literally within five minutes of scrubbing the pipes looked amazing.  I even scrubbed the SS clamps....if you look at the engine pic at the clamps you can see the difference from the ones I didn't clean. I then went after the stuff I didn't take off like stainless and bright aluminum.  The BKF worked better than I had hoped for and will keep it around the shop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Looks amazing

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)

Thanks, Ken & Karen.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

STEVE,     HOW SWEET YOUR'S IS. I TRY TO KEEP MY DD CLEAN TO..

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Mark,
How sweet it is....nice, love it!  I have a ways to go hence the "minor"  comment but at least making some headway!

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

@"Latitude 28" , searched online to find a calendar to set up an appointment to have my engine detailed without success. Could you please post a link?

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Absolutely beautiful! Nice work!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Wow. That did a good job!
Wouldn’t have imagined those had a mirror polish to start with!
My buddy has had really good results with Renegade products; I’ve yet to try them. But hmmm…I’m tempted to give my BKF a shot at it first.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Jon, Too funny.....took me almost three years to get around to doing mine:-)
Thanks Simon!  If I had a nice service pit I'd probably be doing a major detailing...lol
Steve, I also was surprised at how polished the pipes were.  Seems like in the original specs for the build there was a line item for a "polished" option in the engine bay.....apparently that's what it entailed.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Jon, Too funny.....took me almost three years to get around to doing mine:-)
Thanks Simon!  If I had a nice service pit I'd probably be doing a major detailing...lol
Steve, I also was surprised at how polished the pipes were.  Seems like in the original specs for the build there was a line item for a "polished" option in the engine bay.....apparently that's what it entailed.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL