You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2005 for sale on RVTrader

Hi all - I just saw this for sale in RVTrader: 

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Ne...5023125673

Beautiful coach. It has over 200k miles. Anybody know anything about the history of this one?

Rare coach being a 2 slide. Gives you more room inside when the slides are in for traveling

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I believe that is Andrew French’s coach. If so he is @afrench on here.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Yes that is my coach. Only selling because we bought a quad slide. We felt it fit the way we use the coach better. The dual slide is great for going down the road. You can still have the king bed extended out and still get around the bed with the slide shut. And still good room up front. This coach runs and drives great and we've enjoyed it. It won't be available until next week as it is in Miami getting a couple things done(had appt for months). If you have any questions feel free to pm me. thanks

This is our sister coach, we have 746. Looking for the ten that were being built at the same time. Love the tile floor upgrade too!!

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Andrew / @"afrench", was your #747 originally a race-team coach?

I only ask because it seems that every time you see a lot of feature "deletes", they wind up being race coaches.

No it was not. Built by an individual in OKC. He had several newells prior. Not sure why he deleted those items. It’s prewired underneath for an awning, and a washer dryer would fit in the closet across from the half bath.

That coach is nice! I want one with 4 slides. But I must say that refrigerator is very nice. I have the amana just like it in my 5th wheel. The water and ice in the door is great for entertaining. Why did Newell give that up??!!
Rundlc, I sent you some PM's. I hope you got 'em

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

Bob, that looks like it might be a KitchenAid or GE Profile. We had an almost identical unit in a house years back, both companies were known for that full-door integrated handle for their counter-depth/custom units.

From my reading, three factors appear to influence their decision:

1. Must be counter-depth
2. Must be able to be "paneled" to match decor
3. Must be durable/commercial-grade, able to handle the jostling it receives in a coach. This is the reason Sub Zero's were a great fit; and according to a Newell rep in one of Steele's videos, the reason they have standardized in GE Profiles with newer models.

We've had both a GE Profile unit and twin Sub Zero 700's in our homes. The Profiles are more modern; the Sub Zero's are more industrial/basic. Before Sub Zeros stopped selling parts outside of SZ-authorized repairmen (about the same time Newell appears to have switched, about 6+ years back), I prefered the Sub Zero. Now that we can't use any repairman that we prefer, we're not quite as enthused about our 700's.

SouthernDevGirl,
Is your coach a 2006? Did you buy it from a guy in Ormond Beach, Florida? If so I looked at that coach I believe in 2020. It was for sale at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. The owner didn't want to sell but was talked into listing it with the auction. Small world. Beautiful coach.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car