You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window Leak

Last night I survived a huge storm that ripped through Arkansas and Missouri. It was one of the few times I have been in the coach during a storm.

Well during the downpour I noticed water coming in from bottom of window and onto galley counter. Its not clear where the water is coming from, but I suspect the window is not sealed well to the coach siding.

Can someone advise as to the best way to maintain the windows? Will a simple caulk on the top edge help, or do I have to take window out to create a good seal?

Thanks,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill... If it were me I would do it right and pull/reseal, not that big of a task compaired to repairing the water damage from leaks.. Remember behind all that pretty is plywood.....

Jimmy

Bill,

Some window tracks do not drain fast enough in a heavy rain and will spill inside as a result. You might check the drain holes to see if they are clear.

The best seal for windows is "D" seal sold at auto part stores. Clean the caulk off the side of the coach and off of the flange of the window. Starting in the middle of the bottom flange, stick the 3-M double sided tape to the flange of the window all the way around. Reinstall the window for a water and air tight seal that will not attract dirt.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I knew you guys would know! Thanks.

In general the process is...

Remove the screws from inside, razor blade the existing caulk and then slide window out without dropping?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I also painted a finish sealer on the inside of the hole ..just because .. Have help sometimes they are sorta stuck.... other than that You got it!!

Jimmy