You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pneumatic Door Air Silencer

What is everyone using to eliminate the air exhaust noise from the entry door operation?  Mine has no muffler & I want to make the door operation seen but not heard.  There are a lot of options so I am wondering what has been used?  I have 1/4" tubing coming from the exhaust valves to make it easy to install a muffler.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

I use a product like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MFD55NH?th=1

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

https://www.mcmaster.com/mufflers/flow-c...-mufflers/

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for your ideas although I came up with a different solution.  I found two adjustable air valves with a 90° 1/4" quick connect output in my supplies, replaced the noisy valves with them.  Then I dug into my water softener/RO supplies and found a 1/4" Y push connect fitting.  I fed both exhaust valves into the Y and used the single output of the Y to feed my muffler.  I took an oil sample bottle (thanks Blackstone Labs), drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom & stuffed it full of foam.  Then I drilled a hole in the cap and put a 1/4" push fitting in it and Voila! I cannot hear the door open or close.  Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim

Creative !

I am guessing from this post, and the post about the slamming door solution, that the bridal unit does not appreciate you getting up early to have coffee.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

The bridal unit appreciates the efforts, however I am the one who thinks the doors on a premium coach should be seen but not heard. I have the same thoughts about compressor noise which may be the subject of another future thread.

Jim

This is some funny stuff. Recently, I laughed when Mark Martin showed me what HE used...A MICRO-FIBER TOWEL STUFFED INTO THAT SPACE!!! Hysterically...it worked just fine.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(10-19-2022, 04:54 PM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  This is some funny stuff.  Recently, I laughed when Mark Martin showed me what HE used...A MICRO-FIBER TOWEL STUFFED INTO THAT SPACE!!!  Hysterically...it worked just fine.

I started out experimenting with a towel but that was too simple.

Jim

(10-19-2022, 06:23 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  
(10-19-2022, 04:54 PM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  This is some funny stuff.  Recently, I laughed when Mark Martin showed me what HE used...A MICRO-FIBER TOWEL STUFFED INTO THAT SPACE!!!  Hysterically...it worked just fine.

I started out experimenting with a towel but that was too simple.

TOTALLY GET IT!!   Big Grin

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

The solution to the noisey Thomas compressors is. JunAir oil bath pump. Newell used them for a while, but stopped because they require periodic oil changes. They are not cheap, but you can pick them up on Fleabay from time to time.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad