You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Exterior mirrors

Hello everyone, I have an 06 Coach 776. My exterior chrome mirrors are starting to break down. I’m looking for replacement but they come out of Spain and I have left several messages with them and got no response. Has anyone ever changed out exterior mirrors before? Could I use the hanging mirrors that Newell uses now with a little body work and paint? Thank you, Mike

Desk of Mike Figley USN Retired
Coach 776- quad slide, 625 hp cat
Toad-2022 GMC 2500 hd Denali 

Morning Mike, did you call Newell? I'm heading that direction first of the week if you need pictures or something to pick up and ship.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

During the late 90s and into the 2000’s Newell used Ramco Engineering mirrors.  I upgraded 653 to new style Ramco mirrors.   (One got knocked off by a fire truck….but that is a different story).  Newell used to keep them in stock, but its been a few years since I checked.

Ramco website

It looks like Ramco may be getting out of the mirror business.  They are nice people, so I would call them and see what your options are.

I would not do the hang down style mirrors.  Folks that have them say they vibrate and move around a lot while driving.  I agree they look good, but mirrors are about functionality to me.

For what it’s worth.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(05-19-2023, 06:00 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  During the late 90s and into the 2000’s Newell used Ramco Engineering mirrors.  I upgraded 653 to new style Ramco mirrors.   (One got knocked off by a fire truck….but that is a different story).  Newell used to keep them in stock, but its been a few years since I checked.

Ramco website

It looks like Ramco may be getting out of the mirror business.  They are nice people, so I would call them and see what your options are.

I would not do the hang down style mirrors.  Folks that have them say they vibrate and move around a lot while driving.  I agree they look good, but mirrors are about functionality to me.

For what it’s worth.

Bill Thank you for info!

(05-19-2023, 03:28 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Morning Mike, did you call Newell? I'm heading that direction first of the week if you need pictures or something to pick up and ship.
Jack, I have not contacted newell but I will on Monday as they are closed today. I really appreciate the offer as well. Regards, Mike

Thank you Carthan, for getting me in touch with Sofia. Mirrors are ordered 3 to 4 week manufacture and delivery date. I’m good with that. The total including delivery rate, out the door: $1589.85. That’s the black, heated, electric 12v.???

(05-19-2023, 06:00 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  During the late 90s and into the 2000’s Newell used Ramco Engineering mirrors.  I upgraded 653 to new style Ramco mirrors.   (One got knocked off by a fire truck….but that is a different story).  Newell used to keep them in stock, but its been a few years since I checked.

Ramco website

For what it’s worth.

Bill

Love my updated Ramco's!  I think one other disadvantage I've heard of on the hanging type is that unless you have the 3 camera setup I believe you can't use your front shade heading into the sun as you lose being able to see the passenger mirror?

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Thank you everyone for helping out!!!

Is the $1600 for the black ones like they used 2012-2017? Does it require any body modifications? I like them because they are wider. Might be worth switching.