You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1988 coach 174 baggage door lift struts

Good afternoon Newell members
I’m trying to find a part number for the lift struts for the baggage doors I bought the same ones that were on the coach that are 95lbs but they are to strong and keep popping the brackets out of the mounts 
The doors that use one lift strut they are fine on but the ones that require 2 lift struts they are popping off one bracket per door. 

Thank you for all your help gurus

If one is enough to hold the door, order two but at 45lb rating for each. This will spread the weight over the two sides. On mine, I have two 120lb struts but my doors are heavy and large. I found mine through a seller on eBay and went to their site.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I removed all of those gas shocks on mine. I installed baggage door catches (ebay # 224193179095 ) and am so happy with them. When latched open, the baggage doors are flush with the side of the coach & out of the way.

The best part is that I haven't hit my head on the baggage doors since I put them on! Big Grin

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740