You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Flir thermal camera

We bought this to check the contacts on my lithium batteries in our house, the contracts between each battery it is very important to have a good connection and if not they will heat up. It is an amazing tool for the price, these cameras a few years back were $5000-$6000 dollars and only look and drool over but technology has really improved and you can own one of these for $300 on ebay, you'll have to wait a month to get it unless you want to pay extra to have one quickly then Amazon is your answer.
I actually got the camera the day I was troubleshooting my aquahot and been messing around with it for a bit, it will see through walls and yes it will see though the plywood in our coaches, you can see the aluminum and steel tubing in the walls under the plywood, with another person to run their finger over the wall you can pin point electrical wires to avoid and studs to screw to. The electrical and plumbing use is unbelievable, you can see under my sink where I just had the hot water running and the path it took through the lines to the drain. You can see the main breaker for the aquahot is drawing more current on one leg than the other. I just took a couple shots in our house and the coach and thought this a good tool to have. I watched reviews on this camera from the pro's and they say is best on the market for the money. UNT-I PRO model #UTI260B

Oh and for you gear heads, imagine finding which cylinder is not firing or an injector plugging up by looking at the exhaust port on each cylinder, if its cold its ignition or injector or if it hotter than the rest its lean.  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.bmp IMG_0006.bmp Size: 396.58 KB  Downloads: 1

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I like it and it will fit beside the acoustic leak detector! I wonder if you can see air leaks with it? Would the leak be colder due to the airflow or warmer due to the friction of the airflow? Would it see a mouse?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(11-15-2022, 07:27 AM)hypoxia Wrote:  I like it and it will fit beside the acoustic leak detector!  I wonder if you can see air leaks with it?  Would the leak be colder due to the airflow or warmer due to the friction of the airflow?  Would it see a mouse?
I certain you could see a mouse but not so sure about air leak. I can see my dogs in the field at night but can't with my eyes alone.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas