You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode Air Door Needle Valve Leak - Coach 1482

On the Bode door cylinder I discovered the bottom needle valve leaking through the "O" ring.  Finding that leak drove me crazy for a bit.  The "O" ring was as hard as plastic so I had to dig it out piece by piece.  I replaced top "O" ring also which was not leaking and was still pliable.  These needle valves are used to soften the door stop point and keep it from banging, Bode calls it a "Cushion Adjustment".  The top needle valve adjusts the closing and the bottom needle valve adjusts the opening.  I used size 007 "O" rings.  See attached photo.

You can see in the photo the 10mm X 1.50 metric to 1/8"NPT adapters on the side of the cylinder.  I used a street ell on each and then a straight compression fitting.  The red and black tubing is 3/8" but I now have 5/16" tubing.  The 3/8" tubing was too stiff to work with in that small area.

The door valve in the photo is a Metal Work 7010021200 which replaced a leaking Airtec M-04-520-HN.  Both are 1/8" NPT and both work well in this application.  I have a spare Norgren V61R611A-A312JB which is physically larger and is 1/4" NPT.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling