You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New LG mini split heat pump on the way

You guys make me laugh! Thank you, I'll post pictures when its all buttoned up. OH I changed my last post to read $7107 not $71007.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Well this part of reconstruction of the heat and air system is over, I made a video rather than pictures for anyone who cares to watch. The aquahot system in our coach was on the blink and Rudy fixed me up in the repair of the neck of the tank and its back in working order, I also disconnected the 220vac element and just working off the 120v element which still draws more amps that 3.5 tons of heat and air but there is no way around not having hot water for a shower. I also disconnect the contactor for the aquahot and AC system, running the heat pumps doesn't draw that much current in the heat mode but will see exactly what that will be this summer when it will really get the test with the AC in operation, I still expect this to be a usable number and should be able to operate both heat pumps off the solar. Phase 2

I rebuilt all 15 of the water valves on the H20 system and fixed the rigged pumping on the 12v pump and its holding 30 psi pressure without any leaks and the 120vac pump still cycles on and off so its unplugged, replaced the water filter housing and filter with a new one and while I was in the area disconnected the pneumatic side of the dump valve, both right and left side control valves are defective and at some time we will replace them with a 12vdc units that don't leak air which will be easy but a crappy job. We got the 120vac compressor to come on about every 3 hours, this is the best I could do for the time I've got left for our maiden voyage to Florida leaving January or sooner. I still have to rebuild the steering column, change the air dryer, change the oil and filters, change front tires and fixed the tach, speedometer, fuel gauge and passenger side windshield wiper motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7H3-O_uNI

Gravette, Arkansas

Fantastic job! Question: does the $7107 amount include the solar and Growatt inverters?
From what I've heard of other's experiences you'll love your mini splits.
Shameless pitch: instead of repairing your tach, speedo, and fuel gauge why not buy my VMSpc?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

very cool. and warm.....nice job

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Forest what is a VMSpc? Where do you get them?

No sir, that cost was for all the mini splits, line sets and wiring. I got a smoking deal on the panels, half price, $200 per 525watt panel. The Growatts are about $840 each on amazon then you have to buy the unistrut to install them and hardware, plus 2 MPPT solar chargers for the house and starting batteries, I would think $4980 will do the whole job DIY. You can add $2200 to that if you buy the panels from a solar place, like I said we got a deal.

Gravette, Arkansas

I suck at videos.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fyKJ3O946tc

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HVze1AfiJPw

Gravette, Arkansas

Thank you Tom!

Gravette, Arkansas

VMSpc is a small device that connects to your OBD port then connects to a windows based laptop via USB. It reads the engine data and allows you to configure the VMSpc software to have a screen with gauges: tach, transmission gear, speedometer, coolant temp., etc. You can also set up a fuel gauge which gives you range, mpg's, and has other features.
Since the VMSpc gets its info from the DDEC it's much more accurate and nearly instantaneous. The dash gauges are notoriously inaccurate and slow to react.
This is my post with my VMSpc for sale, make an offer. It's just sitting on my desk taking up space. http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...2#pid57502
And here is the manufacturer's page: https://silverleafelectronics.com/?page_id=2434

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Dang that's going to be perfect! Thank you! I'm going to order in the morning.

My speedometer worked when we drove it from New Mexico to here and the tach and hour meter worked also. The odometer racked up over 20,000 miles in an 854 mi trip then for no reason the tack quit working we haven't even driven out of the driveway for months but when I start the engine it just goes back and forth from stop to stop and the hour meter disappeared. The fuel gauge has a dead spot in it and then it dramatically goes from half a tank to a quarter tank and about a hundred miles. The sender unit needs to be replaced. Buying all this in one package is a big savings of Labor and I doubt you could buy the gauges for the cost of the software.

Gravette, Arkansas

Or you could buy mine for half the cost.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337