You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot keeps going through nozzles

The last two times i've done maintenance on my 431/12 aquahot the diesel works for a couple months and then quits again. I don't use it a lot, but I do know to use it at occasionally. I change the nozzles and clean out the soot and it works fine for a short time.  The last time I did not change the filter, as it was barely used since the last time. I'm going to be full-timing for a while and I would like to have this operational.
Any ideas on this?

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

How do you know it's the nozzle? Not trying to be a wise guy, just saying that there are many reasons the AH won't fire.

Can you describe in more detail, what it does, and does not do?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Alan, send me you phone number and a good time to visit with you at the heater. My 431 and another Prevost friend with a 431 just run and run. Bet we can sort it out.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Yup... Rudy will square you away.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Richard, The last two times it has been the nozzle. The blower comes on for a few minutes and then goes off. The coach is at Newell right now getting a couple things done that I can't do. But I need to fix the aquahot straight away when I get it back. I suppose it could be something else, but at this point I'm basing my diagnosis on it past problems.
Rudy, my number is 972-769-2526.
Thanks for the responses.

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

Alan, called you twice at about 8:30. Phone answers but no one there.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Hey Rudy,

The diesel burner is working great on my aquahot now, but it keeps tripping the over-heat and I have to reset it. I mostly use it in addition to the electric, and when i want a long hot shower. I am not tripping the electric over-heat, just the diesel one. Any suggestions on how to remedy?

Thank you,
Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

Over heating can be caused by Control Thermostat not opening at correct temp. Cheap item to replace. But before that, make sure the main coolant tank is completely full. Open radiator cap on top if tank and fill completely up.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Well, what do you know... I am low on coolant. I have only been checking the overflow tank, but apparently that does not tell me much. Maybe my cap is not functioning properly?

My aquahot is the 432/31. Is there a coolant I can pick up locally somewhere for it? It is rather confusing trying to figure out what I need, and the manuals I have do not tell me. I'm traveling so I would rather not flush the system and start over right now. But if that is my only option let me know.

Thanks
Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

A 431/12 uses engine coolant, same as generator or main engine. Coolant should be 50/50 concentrate and distilled water. Some coolant is sold already diluted. If you only need a gallon or so, just use distilled water. It is recommended to no use undiluted coolant concentrate.

Radiator cap is a 13 lb one. But 10 or 7 lb will do. May need to take to auto parts store as young clerks can not find aqua hot in their computer so they are completely lost. But the old guys will know right away.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area