You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking to buy

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am looking to buy an older Newell and I have found a 92 Coach No#288 for sale and trying to determine the value. Checking the coach number through Newell it was last serviced in 2015, at which time it had 179,000 miles on it. However, now it has a new odometer which reads 14,000. Can anyone give me an approximate value, the coach looks in really great condition other than the generator won't start, cranks over but won't start.

Thank you,

Jeff

A 1992 should have an ECU that will give you the actual mileage. As far as the generator goes, could be as simple as the fire extinguisher needing to be recharged. Use the search function and check the forum for generator issues.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I have watched that coach for the last three years. Now you would be the four owner since then. I believe a fellow Gurus, I think Lee was his name had it before this current owner trying to sell it. It took quite a while to sell, and was forsale for 40k-42k. If the generator is not running that could be costly or not, obviously, but this latest gentleman is asking TOP dollar. The other big deterrent is the interior color is Salmon color. In my opinion 40-45k is probably a real number. Just last month there was another coach in Phoenix that could have been bought for 40k, it had a level of pink and exterior was new paint. I actually considered it, it was nicer. I think color and 8v92 deter a lot of people. What you decide is up to you.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Thank you. This coach gets stranger and stranger. I am going to set up an appointment to view the coach, if the guy actually makes the viewing is another thing. I will post what I find for sure.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I looked at it with a friend who was thinking about getting a coach earlier this year. It was in Benson, AZ at that time. Seemed to be in pretty good shape then. Price was around 42K then. Where is it located now for your inspection?

I believe this guy just bought it and is giving a make believe story and selling it. If he doesn’t say Lee was last owner I would be suspect.! Just helps to know what the real value was and probably still is. I know market is a little high but not that high. I’m posting again just to help you look some more info about the coach. It was member Lee Dove who owned it. Do a search under his name in the member tab and you can see what he made posts about.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Ok, thanks for the information.

Jeff

(12-06-2022, 04:52 AM)Jrahn56 Wrote:  Thank you. This coach gets stranger and stranger. I am going to set up an appointment to view the coach, if the guy actually makes the viewing is another thing. I will post what I find for sure.

Thanks again,

Jeff
This is the coach from Benson. This guy made up the story about his father in law, the generator is shot with over 9000 hrs on it. This guy bought the coach about 3 months ago for 25K and now wants 56K. I spoke to the previous owner and got the full story. The guy selling it now is trying to get rich off it. Frankly, I would give him what he paid for it and not a penny more.

Thanks for all the information and support.