You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Newell Family

After being an RV motor coach owner for 26 years I have FINALLY stepped into the real coach world !  
Coach #1442 and completely lost in how to make anything work ! Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Roger & Paula Westmoreland
2012 Quad Slide #1442
1714 CR 2921
Hughes Springs , Texas 

Very nice looking 2012 coach, PWestmoreland. Glad you have joined us. Depending on your level of skills for handling repairs yourself, you should find a lot of information using the Search bar.

Did you coach include the box of instructions on most of the appliances and a Newell Owners Manual?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yes sir but no info on how to turn on cameras and hook up my DTV receivers myself. I don’t have an appointment with Newell for rebuild until Feb and need my coach before then. Do you know how to make the cameras work or turn on surround?? We just went through the worse weather here in Texas. 1 call to Newell and all was great. I know they are so busy I hate to call them for trivial info. I have worked on it for 3 days and still …. IM LOST

2012 Quad Slide #1442
1714 CR 2921
Hughes Springs , Texas 

Welcome.

I can’t help with cameras. But in case someone else can. What cameras? Back up, turn signal, security, something else?

Your request for help doesn’t have enough details for anyone to help you. Let’s start with the DTV receivers.

What brand? Dish, DirectTV, or internet based streaming?
What TV are you trying to connect them with?
Is the problem connecting to the satellite receiver on the roof?
Is the problem connecting to the television?
Is the problem something else?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

There are two DTV (Direct) RECEIVERS up front. The surround sound will not come on and I have no volume on the DTV. THE TV digital has volume. Not sure why.
The security cameras on my panel show no picture. Is there a place to turn them on ( a main ) somewhere in my coach ?

2012 Quad Slide #1442
1714 CR 2921
Hughes Springs , Texas 

Congrats!

You're going to have a very steep learning curve, if you've not received any personal instruction on your Newell.

I've created quite a few videos on my channel in order to help folks learn different systems. However, with the A/V tech things, this is really difficult to do via text/email/forum format. It sounds like your AV Receiver isn't turned on, or is on the wrong input. I can fix it, but really need to have hands/eyes on the system. The way Newell does A/V can be pretty wonky, even on the new coaches.

As for "security" cameras? I don't believe your coach has any "security" camera other than the front door, and that will only be viewable on the 2 Silverleaf panels in the Galley and Bedroom. If you have fuel door cameras, those are viewable in the overhead Silverleaf display, as is the L/R/Rear cameras.

My youtube channel is: RV SQUARED
https://www.youtube.com/rvsquaredsteve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Are you getting video signal to the TV from the directTV receiver?

The next question to figure out is: Is there a fancy video / audio switching system installed by Newell? Or, are the components wired directly from one to another?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you @ Steve I will go look at some of these videos. Yes sir by “ security camera “ those are the ones I am referring to. As for the DTV receivers , ( two in front) “ are wired to an audio system and the input does not seem to make a difference. I am pretty tech literate when it comes to these things and you are right ! It’s very complicated business. Presumably, the prior owner used them ( the cameras) with no issues and is not very tech savvy to explain to me how to make them work.
I sure hate to embarrass myself by calling Newell Tech ?‍♀️

2012 Quad Slide #1442
1714 CR 2921
Hughes Springs , Texas 

Try all inputs on the A/V receiver as well as all the inputs on the TV.  If the TV is close to the A/V receiver, then verify there is an HDMI cable running between the two.  If the TV is in another room, Newell likes to use HDMI over Cat5 extenders rather than a long HDMI cable run.  I have had to replace two of these in my coach.

I hear you on the not wanting to call Newell on TV issues.  I also draw the line on that one.  You'll find your your answers here, just may take a little longer.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

Lets start with the brand and model of your A/V receiver/amp. Mine is a Yamaha RX-V573 and the DTV HDMI goes to one of the four Yamaha HDMI inputs. BluRay DVD is in another Yamaha HDMI input. The Yamaha HDMI OUT goes to the LG TV HDMI IN.

Tell us that detail on yours, it's just a guessing game without those specific details.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling