You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie Neu bei newellguru

Hallo newellguru's,

ich heiße Norbert und wohne in Deutschland. 

Bitte verzeihen Sie mir, dass ich in meiner Sprache schreibe, denn ich bin nicht so gut vertraut mit Ihrer Sprache und möchte nicht gleich bei meiner Vorstellung jemanden beleidigen. 
Es gibt ja gute Übersetzungstools.

Ich versuche möglichst einfach zu formulieren, sodass Übersetzungstools nicht verwirrt werden.

Zu mir:

Ich lebe in Deutschland und bin schon seit zwei Jahren auf der Suche nach "meinem" Motorhome. Ich möchte ein US-Motorhome, um "Fulltime" darin zu leben. 

Vielleicht wissen es einige Mitglieder hier... in Deutschland ist diese Art zu leben und zu Reisen eine Ausnahmeerscheinung.

Wir, hier in Deutschland, habe eine begrenzte Auswahl an RV's. Zulassungsbestimmungen, insbesondere erforderliche Abgasgutachten erschweren eine Zulassung moderner RV's. 
Desweiteren stehen einem Kauf undurchsichtige Führerscheinregelungen in Verbindung mit den Gewichtsklassen von Motorhomes im Weg und noch viele weitere Probleme, wie zum Beispiel: Werkstätten, Ersatzteilversorgung und der -es tut mir leid, dass hier sagen zu müssen, schlechte Ruf amerikanischer Wohnmobile in Bezug auf deren Qualität. 

Ich weiß, dass das Blödsinn ist. Aber "der" deutsche Camper ist so überzeugt von der "deutschen" Qualität, dass er "Tunnelblick" entwickelt hat.

Ich fahre seit Jahrzehnten amerikanisches Altmetall, wie zum Beispiel: Trans Am's ( fast alle Baujahre), 69' Chevy Nova, Pick Up's unterschiedlicher Baujahre von Ford, Chevrolet oder Dodge ( Diesel und Benziner), 70' Lincoln Continental, 66' Ford Galaxie, Ford Bronco etc...

Das ist aber auch nicht mein Problem. Ich mag die alten Modelle sowieso sehr gern. 

Letzte Woche habe ich fast einen Foretravel Grand Villa Unihome von 1992 in sehr gutem Zustand gekauft. Ich habe die Grand Villa schon zur Hälfte angezahlt, um dem Verkäufer zu zeigen: "JA" ich kaufe dieses RV. Zwei Tage später meldete sich der Verkäufer und sagte mir, dass er die Grand Villa ausgeräumt habe, aber er könne sie mir doch nicht verkaufen, weil es ihm sehr weh tut und er müsse sie erstmal behalten.
Für mich stürzte eine Welt ein. Ich fühlte mich schon am Ziel meiner Träume. Aber ich hatte Verständnis für seine Lage. Ich verkaufte so ungern, wie ich gern gekauft hätte.

Jetzt zu meiner Frage an alle Mitglieder. ich hätte wieder eine Chance auf ein tolles RV. es handelt sich um einen 1984-er Newell. Ich bin nicht fit im Internetgebrauch, versuche aber einen Link einzufügen.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/325272570417?has...SwoKBfksUi

Klar, ich bin hier im Newell-Forum und werde auf begeisterte Menschen treffen. Aber da ich, bei einem Fehlkauf, einen großen teil meiner Existenz auf's Spiel setze: Worauf muss ich beim Kauf dieses Fahrzeuges achten? Ich bitte Sie um eine ehrliche, fachliche Kaufberatung.

Das war auch ein Grund mich hier in diesem Forum anzumelden und bei Kauf mit Gleichgesinnten in Kontakt zu bleiben. An Informationen, hier in Deutschland, von Angesicht zu Angesicht, heran zu kommen ist nahezu unmöglich.

Jetzt möchte ich nicht weiter Ihre Geduld strapazieren und freue mich, wenn Sie noch bis hier gelesen haben und ich freue mich auf eine informative Diskussion.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Beiträge.

Beste Grüße

Norbert 

"Ich bin anders als vermutet, selten wie erwartet und... nie wie gewünscht."

Norbert,
Welcome to the Newell Gurus.....took the liberty to translate via Google Translate.....and post results.

Hello newellgurus,
My name is Norbert and I live in Germany. Please forgive me for writing in my language, as I am not very familiar with your language and do not wish to offend anyone as soon as I introduce it. There are good translation tools. I try to keep it as simple as possible so that translation tools don't get confused. To me: I live in Germany and have been looking for "my" motorhome for two years. I want a US motorhome to live in it full time. Maybe some members here know... in Germany this way of living and traveling is an exception. We, here in Germany, have a limited choice of RV's. Approval regulations, in particular the required exhaust gas reports, make it difficult to approve modern RVs. Furthermore, opaque driver's license regulations in connection with the weight classes of motorhomes stand in the way of a purchase and many other problems, such as: workshops, spare parts supply and - I'm sorry to say that here, the bad reputation of American mobile homes in relation to theirs Quality. I know this is bullshit. But "the" German camper is so convinced of the "German" quality that he has developed "Tunnelblick". I've been driving American scrap metal for decades, such as: Trans Am's (almost all model years), 69' Chevy Nova, Pick Up's of various model years from Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge (diesel and petrol), 70' Lincoln Continental, 66' Ford Galaxie, Ford Bronco etc... But that's not my problem either. I really like the old models anyway. Last week I almost bought a 1992 Foretravel Grand Villa Unihome in very good condition. I've already paid half the price on the Grand Villa to show the seller "YES" I'm buying this RV. Two days later, the seller got in touch and told me that he had cleared out the Grand Villa, but he couldn't sell it to me because it hurt him a lot and he had to keep it for the time being. A world collapsed for me. I already felt I had achieved my dreams. But I understood his situation. I was as reluctant to sell as I would have liked to buy. Now to my question to all members. I would have another chance at a great RV. It is a 1984 Newell. I'm not adept at using the internet, but I'll try to insert a link. https://www.ebay.de/itm/325272570417?has...SwoKBfksUi Sure, I'm here on the Newell forum and I'm going to meet enthusiastic people. But since I'm putting a large part of my existence at risk if I make a bad purchase: what should I look out for when buying this vehicle? I ask you for an honest, professional purchase advice. That was also a reason to register here in this forum and to stay in contact with like-minded people when buying. It is almost impossible to get information face to face here in Germany. I don't want to tax your patience any longer and I'm glad you've read this far and I'm looking forward to an informative discussion. Thank you for your contributions.

Best regards Norbert

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Hello Steve & Doris,

Thank you for the "welcome" and for your trouble in translating.

PS The word "tunnel vision" in the text means something like: looking down a road with no return.

Nobert,
In your researching Newell coaches this forum is most helpful with real experience on supporting our coaches.  From your post sounds like you are well versed on the American machinery and its operation as well as the challenges acquiring parts and hardware while supporting the same. If I may bring up a few basic points to consider while operating a Newell coach in the European environment.   US standard electric grid is 220 volts 60 HZ the Newell is wired to that standard from the factory.  The generator is 220 volt 60 HZ.  The inverter settings operate in a 60HZ environment (this setting may be able to be changed to 50 HZ). All the appliances are 60 HZ along with air conditioners and such.  The electrical receptacles are 120 volt American standard.  If this coach you are looking at has had any wiring done to convert it to 220 volt 50hz Euro environment I would certainly want to know who did the work and what they did to make it work over there.
Hope this translates well to your native language via Google Translater.....I'll give it a try and attach the results:

Norbert, Bei Ihrer Suche nach Newell-Trainern ist dieses Forum mit echter Erfahrung in der Unterstützung unserer Trainer sehr hilfreich. Aus Ihrem Beitrag hört sich so an, als wären Sie mit den amerikanischen Maschinen und ihrem Betrieb sowie den Herausforderungen beim Erwerb von Teilen und Hardware bei gleichzeitiger Unterstützung derselben gut vertraut. Wenn ich ein paar grundlegende Punkte ansprechen darf, die beim Betrieb eines Newell-Reisebusses im europäischen Umfeld zu berücksichtigen sind. Das Stromnetz nach US-Standard hat 220 Volt 60 Hz. Der Newell ist ab Werk nach diesem Standard verdrahtet. Der Generator ist 220 Volt 60 Hz. Die Wechselrichtereinstellungen arbeiten in einer 60-Hz-Umgebung (diese Einstellung kann möglicherweise auf 50 Hz geändert werden). Alle Geräte sind 60 Hz zusammen mit Klimaanlagen und dergleichen. Die Steckdosen entsprechen dem amerikanischen Standard 120 Volt. Wenn dieser Bus, den Sie sich ansehen, verkabelt wurde, um ihn in eine 220-Volt-50-Hz-Euro-Umgebung umzuwandeln, würde ich sicherlich wissen wollen, wer die Arbeit gemacht hat und was sie getan haben, damit es dort funktioniert. Ich hoffe, dies lässt sich über Google Translater gut in Ihre Muttersprache übersetzen. Ich werde es versuchen und die Ergebnisse anhängen.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Hi Steve & Doris,

Thank you for your support.
Yes, I am - for the most part - familiar with American engines, the peculiarities of American vehicles and how to obtain spare parts. However, I have never owned a coach.

I am aware of the problem with the power supply. In this regard, there are good people here who can help solve this problem. I would like to keep the coach in its original condition as much as possible. Let's see...

The seller currently has a second model (GM, built in 1966 with a DD 8V71 engine) for €88,000 on offer. The good thing about this vehicle would be that, here in Germany, I don't have to carry out a complex, expensive and annually recurring emissions test.
These are only necessary for motor vehicles that were first registered after July 1, 1977.

Do you have any advice?
Newell, 1984 with 6V92T vs. GM, 1966 with 8V71 (see link)?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/323886525429?has...SwyfFfksfs

Best wishes

Norbert

Hi Steve & Doris,

Did you really mean, "The US standard electrical system is 220 volts 60 Hz. The Newell is wired to this standard from the factory. The alternator is 220 volts 60 Hz.", or should I substitute 110V for 220V in your sentence. Maybe a typo?

I can't look at the vehicles on offer until the end of March, as the seller is spending his winter time in Thailand until then.

Best wishes...

Norbert

Nobert,
On our side of the pond when we say "Alternator" we refer to the Coach's engine electrical system which is 12 volts direct current.  The term "Generator" is the coach's house electrical load which is 220 volts AC at 60 HZ.....it may have translated as Alternator.  For sure it should be 220 volts AC at 60 HZ.
As far as the older coaches I am not familiar with the engines as ours is a Detroit Series 60....others who operate them would have to chime in.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

To add to Steve's description most of the Newell lights, etc. uses 120Vac 60 Hz, 220Vac 60Hz is available from the generator and also when plugged into a 50amp 220Vac 60Hz service. The transfer switch and electric circuit panel splits the 220Vac to 120Vac as needed and provides 220Vac to those appliances as needed, washer/dryer, cooktop, and also to balance the electric load among the 2 legs of 120Vac.
Hope this helps, and welcome!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

@ Steve & Doris

Oh... thank you.

I assumed that the generator, not alternator, only produces 110V...

Now I know better.

Best wishes

@folivier

Hello...

Thank you for the "welcome" and for your contribution.

Your description complements Steve's beautifully.
Enlightening information.

Best regards

Nobert,
Forest's explanation is exactly spot on.  A great resource to ask about the US vs EU/60hz vs 50 hz and the challenges one has when setting up an American vehicle for the EU environment is a yacht builder.  In the mean time here is a link to check out https://www.bluesea.com/support/articles..._AC_Panels

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL