You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

To electric brake, or not to... That is the ?

I installed a new 7 pin trailer receptacle on my coach. Original was round pin and required an adapter to work with my Jeep. I will tuck up the harness once I paint the chassis underside with Por 15 chassis paint. That said, there was no 12v+ source to keep Jeep battery charged and it would go dead at each destination. Newell had extra wires rolled up behind the engine electric box that was accessed when removing the top. I found them by accident and toned them out to ensure that's what they were for. In doing so, I toned out a wire from the spares in the rear box that go to the front fuse panel in front of the passenger seat. There was one spare fuse that I used to connect the +12v trailer receptacle for toad battery charging. All is great. So I am wondering if it is worth bringing a blue trailer brake wire online. I have the Air Force One braking system on the Jeep. Should I bother installing an electric braking controller? I don't think I will pull a big trailer but who knows, right? I did connect the backup light pin in the receptacle. Basically all pins are accounted for except the trailer brake. I would have to double up on two #14's to carry the load since it's a long trip from front to rear. Looking for opinions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Messages In This Thread
To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-04-2023, 08:24 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by MrE - 01-04-2023, 11:20 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by Richard - 01-05-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by bestgenman - 01-05-2023, 05:59 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-05-2023, 08:55 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by MrE - 01-05-2023, 08:53 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by HoosierDaddy - 01-05-2023, 09:06 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-05-2023, 09:19 PM