You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8V92 starting problem

Just completed a 6,000 mile trip to the east coast and no issues with our coach #347.  At the outset of our next trip, after prepping the coach, I went to start and the coach would not start from the driver's seat. Batteries were fine and all gauges activated.  After some contemplation i remembered there's a remote starter switch in the rear control panel.  Opened the panel, set the safety switch to "on" and turned the starter switch and the coach started.  I am able to stop the motor from the ignition switch, but can't start the coach.  I went back to the driver's seat and with the safety switch in the "on" position the coach started as normal.  It seems the safety switch should not be in the "on" position to start the engine.  Is there a neutral safety switch somewhere in the starter circuit that may be bad?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does the motor turn over when you turn the switch on the column? If it's not turning over it's more than likely the start switch on the column which is underneath the column wrap. Here is a picture of the switch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Make sure it’s in neutral. ( don’t ask me how I know!) Check the neutral safety switch. Also. My coach will not turn off from drivers seat if not in neutral! My coach has an air shifter. If I remember correctly the neutral switch is on the transmission.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.