You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kwikkee Step Arm/Gearbox/Motor HELP!

Hey All,
   So, the link at the end of the Kwikee A arm has broken. Motor is fine, controller is fine, switch is fine. Steps themselves are a bit bent when i got them.

Gearbox # is the old 151320 and the Arm is labeled 151384

new Gearbox appears that it will fit fine, but the motor fits differently (angle) on the gearbox so the cover will not attach.

I ordered a new compatible gearbox from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BD7VDK5Y?psc...ct_details

I have the steps removed at the moment, and am also wondering if I should attempt to bend the step arms straight.

Lastly, can you open the light housing to replace the bulb?? I believe it's a 193/194 style.

Any help would be great!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

You can definitely bend the step arms, or at least I have……………….

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I had three of the four motor mounting plate bolts break....almost doing a face plant. The originals were a 1/4 soft carriage bolt....upgraded to a 5/16 grade five bolt.....problem solved with some assurance it wont happen again.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

OMG this is my project for today, wife has already said to get it done before someone falls off our wooden box.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

For the light housing, See if you can just replace it with something LED. Perhaps an LED marker light found in the auto parts store.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

It's Alive! New china gearbox, new motor shorter screws.... And a bunch of hammer banging!

Works much better than it did before. Only issue is if I tighten the 3 motor screws down to much, it binds and doesn't retract all the way.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Same for me, I just replaced everything, works perfect and quite. I was a little skeptical about how cheap it was on amazon but the old one that came out had made in China on it also.

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,
Did you notice that the three motor screws cannot be tightened too much or the step doesn't like to retract (binds)?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

No Rick I didn't notice that. What I did is mount the gear drive and wire everything up then while the step was fully extended I had my wife open the door then I placed the motor drive onto the gear drive so the holes lined up perfect then installed the 3 bolts and tightened them. If your binding up with the bolts tight you could be off a tooth?

Gravette, Arkansas

I'll check that... However, I did essentially what you did... extend step fully on ground with motor, install, retract. Bind city, then slightly loosen three bolts... works great. I wonder if the gear isn't all the way down on the shaft of the motor?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller