You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resealing windows

Four down and five to go!  My crew at work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Nothing like a great crew

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My wife is the best helper I've ever had and she loves working on this rig. Not many women like her. 
Tomorrow it the driver's side window then the window in the bathroom, we'll have to wait on the bigger windows when we get home and have the forklift.

Gravette, Arkansas

Seeing that window out makes me think about my drivers side which has what to me is considerable wind noise. Thought maybe it was my mirror, but after adjusting it to an entirely different position that does not seem to be it. Just wondering if anyone else has ever removed and re-sealed a window in an effort to cut down on wind noise?

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad mine is very noisy also I hope resealing helps but I doubt it. We'll know when we leave next month.

Gravette, Arkansas

(02-16-2023, 12:41 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Brad mine is very noisy also I hope resealing helps but I doubt it. We'll know when we leave next month.

Keep me posted.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Mine has a spoiler in front of the moving side window. The pax side didn't have one and was noisy so I made one and it is quiet now. It was a piece of 1 1/2" sheet metal about 12" long which I bent on the brake so it sticks out about 3/4". I just copied the driver side.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(02-16-2023, 05:24 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  Mine has a spoiler in front of the moving side window.  The pax side didn't have one and was noisy so I made one and it is quiet now.  It was a piece of 1 1/2" sheet metal about 12" long which I bent on the brake so it sticks out about 3/4".  I just copied the driver side.
Now thats an idea! Got a picture Jim?

Gravette, Arkansas

The spoiler is 16" long and sticks out 3/4"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Just an idea before fabbing anything, play with painters tape. Sealing different seams and transitions around the window area while having a long driving day. Dont forget about the weep holes.

Also on the huge peninsula windows, giant zip ties can be used under the sliding section to shim the window up and quieten noise. Smooth side, not rippled, side up of course. They are sometimes used for house duct work

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )