You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

12VDC water system

First off I have no 120VAC water system. It was removed before I became the steward of 484.

I have 2 12VDC RV pumps in that same bay. They are wired to be an either or system with spade connectors on the pump wires. 

Last night the water stopped flowing. I swapped to the second pump and nada. I checked the voltage at the coach side of the spade connectors and 12.9VDC was there. Plug both pumps in and no pumping. I plug the spare pump in and it works as expected. 

So somehow I have 2 non functioning pumps at the same time? I checked the installed "secondary" pump not more than a month ago. I was used for 2 day and then I switched back to my "main" lo volt pump. 

I don't think 2 pumps would fail on the same night via coincidance. 

Gibbs' Rule #39: There is no such thing as a coincidence.

I have a new in box replacement pump ready to install. I'm just hesitant to do so.  

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks and save travels.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

I swapped in the new poum and all is good so far.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

Take the pump heads apart and look for debris that can jam the mechanism. If you had debris, you could have taken out both pumps at close to the same time.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(03-02-2023, 03:22 PM)Richard Wrote:  Take the pump heads apart and look for debris that can jam the mechanism. If you had debris, you could have taken out both pumps at close to the same time.

Thanks. I just assumed they were not serviceable.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

To Richard, everything is serviceable :-)

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004