You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter Mach 5 Water Pump

Does anyone have a parts breakdown or other Headhunter Mach 5 information?  Mine isn't starting as of today and I have not troubleshot it yet.  It hums but no rotation.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Try calling Headhunter at 800-662-8557. I spoke with Brent on ext 10 and he was very helpful.  Could be pressure switch.

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

I turned the motor shaft, it took a little too much effort but turned freely and ran OK after it moved. The capacitor checked OK at 29.8 uf. It has tripped the alarm once in a while since I got it in June but more frequently now. I'm wondering if it was run dry in its history. I may take it apart and check the seal and impeller.

Jim

Sounds like you got a grip on it but there are a youtube video on seal replacement which it turned out to be a bad impeller. I like videos and hate to read manuals. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rajvkKWTDv8

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

There are many here who know much more than I do about headhunter pumps.  But, I will gladly share what I know about them.

They like to be run frequently and if they sit without operation, they sometimes need a little help getting the rotation going.  There is a removable plug at shaft level which gives access to the shaft.  The starting torque seems low to me and rust must play a part in making it hard to start.  I have never had that happen since frequent running occurs even during the off months.

That also don’t work well if outside water pressure is connected to the coach.  Many stories about excessive water pressure here.  We fill our tank and disconnect the outside hose, running the pump and consuming water from the tank until the next tank fill is required.  It works out perfectly, we know when the black needs emptied when we are about out of water.  That works well unless you dump the gray overboard then, careful watching of the level is required as the pumps do not like to be out of water.  Many stories here about trying to get them primed.

End of Headhunter knowledge !!

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Slowly but surely making headway.  I had a spare Mach 5 that was given to me which I took apart.  The motor had ingested water which caused enough corrosion to impede the rotation.  Surprisingly the bearings were good.  I'll use it for show and tell as well as spare parts.  Headhunter does not supply a replacement motor.  It looks like DAB rebranded the Mach 5... Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf Parts Breakdown.pdf Size: 370.04 KB  Downloads: 10
.pdf BOOSTER SILENT_TS_ENG.pdf Size: 620.24 KB  Downloads: 8

Jim

Very interesting Jim!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

I made a tool to make opening the plug and turning the Mach 5 pump motor easy.  It fits between the wall and the pump.  I also attached photos of Mach 5 internal parts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim