You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 776 placards

Good morning gurus, I have coach 776, and my clear plastic cover that houses my transmission shifter, love gets, mirrors, exhaust brake etc has become extremely cloudy and I have a hard time reading the nomenclature. I have thought about having some small placards made for each item. Any ideas??? Regards, Mike

Desk of Mike Figley USN Retired
Coach 776- quad slide, 625 hp cat
Toad-2022 GMC 2500 hd Denali 

Mike,

You might want to ask Newell if they can make you a new one. On 653, there was a wood looking plastic on the drivers console. It looked cloudy and awful. Newell made a new one out of black plexiglass complete with the labels. I don’t really remember, but do not believe that it was that expensive.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

My clear cover there is cloudy also. I thought about using a clear plastic polish from McGuires I bought for my old muscle car dash. Similar to cleaning foggy headlights just not as aggressive. It cleaned that dash up pretty nice but it wasn't as ugly as what is in my Newell. I just haven't gotten my "round tuit" yet.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Ty you guys for the reply!! Regards, Mike

Desk of Mike Figley USN Retired
Coach 776- quad slide, 625 hp cat
Toad-2022 GMC 2500 hd Denali 

Mike a hobby shop that makes trophies will have a cnc laser that might be able to reproduce what your needing. Do you have a picture?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

on the panel where my shift panel and other switches are on the drivers left elbow is also faded. it is woodgrained plastic with beveled edges at each opening. i have had a trophy shop make panels for my first newell in the black and white and they looked original. but not this stuff.

to get something original i would guess newell would be the only option. question is did they keep the cad file for each coach or not. i would be surprised if they did.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

I believe that they keep a set of cad files for similar vintages. They made me a new one for 653 without removing the old one first. My guess is that similar vintage coaches had similar layouts.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama