You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying #125

(03-29-2023, 06:15 PM)MrE Wrote:  Congratulations on your purchase! I also have a 1986 with parallelogram windows. Now I know that 1986 was a transition year from parallelogram to rectangle windows.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...ipo=images]

You have a beautiful coach!  Glad to be part of the Newell "family".

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

(03-29-2023, 06:54 PM)encantotom Wrote:  Mark and Marion are wonderful folks
They have been here with their newell and we have visited them in maricopa

Mark you will enjoy it

Tom
Thank you, Tom.  

It has been a pleasure dealing with them on the coach.  Saying goodbye to their coach is a little bittersweet, but I assured them I would take good care of this coach that they breathed new life into.  It's been a while since we've been on the road traveling.  It's long overdue, so we are looking forward to it.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

if you are headed home through kingman and las vegas, i am about 2 miles off the US 60 between surprise and wickenburg.

you are more than welcome to stop by and say hi. i also have full hookups if you wanted to spend the night. i am about 80 miles from their place in maricopa.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the gang of the gurus.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

(03-30-2023, 10:22 AM)encantotom Wrote:  if you are headed home through kingman and las vegas, i am about 2 miles off the US 60 between surprise and wickenburg. 

you are more than welcome to stop by and say hi.  i also have full hookups if you wanted to spend the night.  i am about 80 miles from their place in maricopa. 

tom

Thank you for the generous offer!  We may stop by... Or spend the night... It all depends how tired I am.  We will be up at 130am to finish packing and head to the airport.  I'll email you directly as I know more.  My wife was asking earlier about a second day in sunny AZ, as it's been cold and dreary here in Oregon.

(03-30-2023, 06:51 PM)kaptain Wrote:  Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the gang of the gurus.

Thank you so much!  We are very excited to take delivery of the coach!

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

steve, i sent you an email with my contact info and address.

tom

(03-31-2023, 11:11 AM)encantotom Wrote:  steve,  i sent you an email with my contact info and address.

tom

Thanks again for hosting us for the night, Tom.  It was so great to meet some of the Newell family along our journey! And thanks again for helping me with the water heater blow off valve replacement!  Being an experienced RVer, I know we are only one trip away from our next repair. Haha.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

it was fun meeting steve and linda.   this is the second time their coach has been here.  first with mark and marion and now with steve and linda.  
i have to tell a story that is a great example of the steep learning curve of our rigs.....
steve pulled up and a trail of water was following him under his coach and was flowing from the passenger side water bay drain hose.  i opened it up and the t&p valve was leaking and allowing the hot water heater to drain water out.  no problem, we got one the next morning and had it replaced in 10 minutes.  
next......after spending the night, steve said that during the night the generator came on a couple of times for a few minutes each time.  he commented on how quiet it was.   i was puzzled and wondered if mark had put an auto generator start setup on it...but that wouldnt explain why it was only on for a few minutes....   steve called mark and asked him about it.   mark immediately said it was the coach 120v air compressor coming on.  of course....i showed steve where the compressor was.  it is one of the gast setups in the drivers side bay in front of the front tire.  
we learn so much so fast when we get one of our incredible machines.  steve and linda are going to be great gurus and stewards of their coach.  
tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Congratulations! We are just north of you in Vancouver Washington with 295, classics in the hood   Big Grin

1992 Coach 295
8V92 DDEC II

(04-02-2023, 10:05 AM)encantotom Wrote:  it was fun meeting steve and linda.   this is the second time their coach has been here.  first with mark and marion and now with steve and linda.  
i have to tell a story that is a great example of the steep learning curve of our rigs.....
steve pulled up and a trail of water was following him under his coach and was flowing from the passenger side water bay drain hose.  i opened it up and the t&p valve was leaking and allowing the hot water heater to drain water out.  no problem, we got one the next morning and had it replaced in 10 minutes.  
next......after spending the night, steve said that during the night the generator came on a couple of times for a few minutes each time.  he commented on how quiet it was.   i was puzzled and wondered if mark had put an auto generator start setup on it...but that wouldnt explain why it was only on for a few minutes....   steve called mark and asked him about it.   mark immediately said it was the coach 120v air compressor coming on.  of course....i showed steve where the compressor was.  it is one of the gast setups in the drivers side bay in front of the front tire.  
we learn so much so fast when we get one of our incredible machines.  steve and linda are going to be great gurus and stewards of their coach.  
tom

Thank you so much for the help with the water heater valve!  I called Mark again with a couple more questions about the coach this afternoon.  Definitely a learning curve with the additional systems in a high end coach, but thank goodness I am not new to RVing and motorhomes or it could be a bit overwhelming for me.  We have made it about halfway back to our home in Oregon and spent about half of my 7 hour drive today battling high sidewinds.  My old gasser would have been pushed all over the road, but the Newell was well planted and composed.  I am amazed how much power I had in the hills.  Very impressive!

(04-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Bridgetown Wrote:  Congratulations! We are just north of you in Vancouver Washington with 295, classics in the hood   Big Grin
Thank you!  Nice to know there's other Newell owners in the Pacific Northwest!

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
1978 Georgie Boy 28'