You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying #125

(04-02-2023, 08:06 PM)Burlyman Wrote:  Thank you so much for the help with the water heater valve!  I called Mark again with a couple more questions about the coach this afternoon.  Definitely a learning curve with the additional systems in a high end coach, but thank goodness I am not new to RVing and motorhomes or it could be a bit overwhelming for me.  We have made it about halfway back to our home in Oregon and spent about half of my 7 hour drive today battling high sidewinds.  My old gasser would have been pushed all over the road, but the Newell was well planted and composed.  I am amazed how much power I had in the hills.  Very impressive! 
Having transitioned from an inexpensive 40' gas class A to my first Newell, I understand exactly what you're saying.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

We arrived home safely in Salem yesterday. It was a good trip. Two long days (7.5 hr) of driving, and three days of 2-3 hours each. We stayed an extra day and night in our Thousand Trails park in Bend Oregon before traveling the last 3 hours home. Getting a short break from the road was nice.

My wife and I have a joke between us that it isn't an RV trip until something breaks... and sure enough... We made it almost home and the driver's side wiper died, so I will be investigating that. If anyone has input, I'm happy to receive it!

I'll be washing off the road dust and grime today once it gets a little warmer.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, I was stopped several times along our journey with people asking "what is that?", "What year is that?", "How much fuel does that take?" or commenting "beautiful coach!". A gentleman at the Bend RV park saw the brand, asked what year it was, and knew that Newell was a top tier coach, asked about my engine, and then told me that his diesel pusher was only capable of 35mph in the hills and he wished he had more power. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was doing 65-70 through the hills.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28'